Where can I download the GK2 BIOS?

Quick Fix.
EClark5483

Where can I download the GK2 BIOS?

Post by EClark5483 »

I'm interested in downloading the BIOS for the GK2 model mini PC. I want to modify the microcode and customize the boot logo. Also want to see what I can unlock to possibly give the BIOS more functionality.
My YouTube channel: Phreakwar PC Custom Builds
witt

Re: Where can I download the GK2 BIOS?

Post by witt »

it is not possible to change the LOGO, if you have a large demand, you can contact ACEPC's sales customization
EClark5483

Post by EClark5483 »

Not possible? Sorry, not buying it. I have modified many BIOS' on many different PC. Haven't ran into any yet where I couldn't modify the microcode. These mini PC are all based around the same design with the same BIOS from different manufacturers who simply stick their own logo into the microcode. It's very much possible, no question about it.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

They tend to provide the BIOS only when there is genuine need for it. They also have the BIOS options limited in order to keep people from adjusting things that could cause problems.

You could try contacting after sales support at service@iacepc.com to see if they could provide it to you.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
EClark5483

Post by EClark5483 »

Preventing others from examining the BIOS and modifying it is just wrong. Many manufacturers rely on the help of end users to work out bugs and report bugs. Clearly anybody who knows how to modify microcode is not concerned about messing something up. Modifying a BIOS will of course void any warranty, but that's on the end user who chooses to do so. If I own it, I should be able to do what I like with it regardless of possible outcome. This is outlined in the "RIGHT TO REPAIR" legislation currently being brought up in many states. The BIOS file should be publicly available. Besides, all I want to do is just change the dang logo to a Pacman one for an arcade cabinet I'm building.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

And as stated, you can contact after sales support to see if they'll provide it to you.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I learned about your professional ability through the video, and I will share your video with professionals in the factory. Do you have any requirements for BIOS?
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
EClark5483

Post by EClark5483 »

No, I just need the stock one. I don't plan on doing any major modifications to it, just a logo swap for an arcade cab, but I would like to examine it for further information. Will also need to know which flash utility to use.
witt

Post by witt »

As far as I know, the BIOS file requires a special tool to open and change the LOGO in the BIOS. If you can change it yourself, you can contact the manufacturer to provide you with the Bios file.
oskar6243

Post by oskar6243 »

Hello!
I need bios for GK2 with J4105 cpu. Because flash my GK2 with wrong bios. Now it won't turn on.
please give me backup bios///

Return to “Troubleshooting”