T11 no Intel SST Audio Device (WDM)

Quick Fix.
Chazz

T11 no Intel SST Audio Device (WDM)

Post by Chazz »

Many posts online about solving missing HDMI audio via Win 10 on T11 PC by installing new drivers in Intel SST Audio Device, however my T11 (Atom X5-Z8350) shows only USB speakers under sound output. Is the SST not incorporated on some T11 PCs? If so, I seem to be unable to have audio from my monitor speakers.
witt

Re: T11 no Intel SST Audio Device (WDM)

Post by witt »

The HDMI interface supports sound output, while the VGA interface does not support audio output. Right-click the speaker icon in the taskbar to open the sound settings, and then change the output to TV playback. If there is no sound from the external speakers, perform the same operation, just switch the audio output device.
Chazz

Post by Chazz »

Thanks, but there is no TV output option shown, nor is there an option for Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) as on my other Atom PC; the only item show is USB speakers.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) is a sound card driver. You can go to Intel's official website to choose to download it. But if you want to make the device emit sound, you need to select a sound output, the mini PC itself does not have a sound card device.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Chazz

Post by Chazz »

This confirms my guess that the device (SST) is not present on this T11 PC. Do you know of a similar ACEPC product (VESA mountable) that does have the Intel SST Audio Device integrated in the system? Thank you.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, MINI PC is limited by space. There is no place to put the speakers. You can contact our after-sales mailbox: service@iacepc.com for further services.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Chucksan

Post by Chucksan »

i am having the same problem. please provide step by step instructions on how to fix this issue.
ayazaali

Post by ayazaali »

Add me to the list. All was working fine, now I can only see USB audio option on the volume icon in sys tray. No sound coming through HDMI TV at all. Drivers are missing for hardware with ID of: ACPI\VEN_8086&DEV_22A8, which appears to be for Intel SST Audio Device (WDM). Where are drivers, please?!?! Cheers.
TMAL

Post by TMAL »

I did a search of the device details(PCI/....) online and found an Intel site link to a pc stick drivers set including the SST Audio drivers.
After downloading the X64 Win10 drivers and updating the device by pointing to the unzipped contents it all worked.

I can also confirm that it works with Windows 11 on the T11.
However it only worked after updating the display driver. Updating the display driver required updating certain optional drivers in Windows update first thus making the display device visible, and then updating from Microsoft Display Device.

All devices were detected via Windows update and optional drivers. :)

Device is a bit slow on eMMC so I installed to an SSD that sits in the 2.5" bay.

Return to “Troubleshooting”