Overall experience with ACEPC mini PCs...

Participate in this forum section to become a super user who can experience our latest products first. What are you waiting for?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Overall experience with ACEPC mini PCs...

Post by Gabe »

I got my first ACEPC in Oct 2019. It's a T8. I followed up with a GK1 in Feb 2020 and an AK3 in Aug 2020. All have been great units, especially the AK3, which has the Celeron J4125 CPU, 8GB of RAM and 120GB of storage. I use a 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD for a system boot drive, and it works perfectly. I don't use the internal storage for anything, though I do leave Windows 10 Pro on it, just in case something were to happen to the SSD.
All three of these are more or less hobby PCs, though I would definitely venture to say that both the GK1 and AK3 could be used as basic desktop replacements, and especially the latter. They aren't made for gaming, but for basic, every day computing, they're very capable. Both the GK1 and the AK3 can actually cast wirelessly to my Smart TV, though I've only done so for more than a test with the AK3. I played some YouTube videos one evening, and they were in perfect sync.

I also have Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 installed on the GK1 and AK3, though I have a somewhat older version on the T8 due to it having components that aren't as responsive as those of the GK1 and AK3. I'm even thinking about installing Ubuntu on the T8, just for fun and just to see how well it works. I know that's a much less resource hungry OS, so it may work very well with it.

All in all, I would definitely recommend these if you're in the market for a mini PC. Again, they aren't for the latest and greatest, but for a basic, every day PC, they work quite well. I'm glad I got each one.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
witt

Re: Overall experience with ACEPC mini PCs...

Post by witt »

Gabe wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:29 am I got my first ACEPC in Oct 2019. It's a T8. I followed up with a GK1 in Feb 2020 and an AK3 in Aug 2020. All have been great units, especially the AK3, which has the Celeron J4125 CPU, 8GB of RAM and 120GB of storage. I use a 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD for a system boot drive, and it works perfectly. I don't use the internal storage for anything, though I do leave Windows 10 Pro on it, just in case something were to happen to the SSD.
All three of these are more or less hobby PCs, though I would definitely venture to say that both the GK1 and AK3 could be used as basic desktop replacements, and especially the latter. They aren't made for gaming, but for basic, every day computing, they're very capable. Both the GK1 and the AK3 can actually cast wirelessly to my Smart TV, though I've only done so for more than a test with the AK3. I played some YouTube videos one evening, and they were in perfect sync.

I also have Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 installed on the GK1 and AK3, though I have a somewhat older version on the T8 due to it not having components that aren't as responsive as those of the GK1 and AK3. I'm even thinking about installing Ubuntu on the T8, just for fun and just to see how well it works. I know that's a much less resource hungry OS, so it may work very well with it.

All in all, I would definitely recommend these if you're in the market for a mini PC. Again, they aren't for the latest and greatest, but for a basic, every day PC, they work quite well. I'm glad I got each one.

My CK2 \ CK6, although the effect of playing games is OK, but I am not a professional gamer, I usually use it in the office
EClark5483

Post by EClark5483 »

I have 3 of them. Well 2 are ACEPC branded, the other is a Terryza. They all sport j4125 CPU's with 8 gigs of ram. I pulled out the 2242 sata drives and replaced them all with higher capacity drives. My experience with them, quite honestly, is that they all tend to run warm.. well at least they used to. I pulled the motherboards out of the casing and put PCB feet on them for mounting inside arcade cabinets. I have an Arcade1Up Countercade that I will be modifying for my next YouTube video where I will be spotlighting the GK2. I think these mini PC's are perfect for emulation, especially for MAME. Here's one of my YouTube vids where I talk about using the Mini PC in an arcade cab:

My YouTube channel: Phreakwar PC Custom Builds
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Wow, this is a cool thing. We look forward to the performance of GK2 in the arcade hall. If you need any information or help, you can contact me. At the same time, I think you can become a superuser. Can you share GK2 socially to meet the requirements of becoming a superuser? Making GK2 videos can also become a superuser and participate in the next super user activity. Later, I will send you a private message to discuss more in-depth topics.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
tonemapped

Post by tonemapped »

I bought the GK3 (also labelled as the AK3) as a basic media centre (HTPC) box and I'm mostly impressed so far. It's customisable and has a good feature set for the price. Build quality is OK, and there are some tweaks in the factory that could be applied in terms of software, but based on experience of the device so far, I would recommend it.

My main concern is continuing driver support, which I feel needs a dedicated part on the website and a clear support path for new users. I'm happy to tinker to a limited extent (I would have assembled my own PC if I wanted to take it apart), and it seems this box allows for that. I do wish I'd purchased the 8GB model but I don't believe the RAM is soldered so need to find a 2GB SODIMM.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi, tone mapped. Thank you for your suggestion. At present, our driver is placed in the same download area as the system file. This is the jump link: https://www.iacepc.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=34. Yours The idea is to separate the system files from the driver?
Still renamed "file download" to more accurate terms, such as system and driver downloads.
Regarding memory, we currently use welding and fixing, and we will develop more DIY products in the follow-up research and development. Please keep looking forward to it. You can consider joining our super user program. Thank you very much for your ideas to help us improve our products.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “Super User Club”