New PC boots direct to BIOS screen

Please discuss some frequently asked questions here!
tedhurlock

New PC boots direct to BIOS screen

Post by tedhurlock »

I just received my new AK3 (from Amazon Germany) and it boots directly to BIOS screen and even when I exit without saving changes it goes back to the BIOS screen.

I am quite technical but do not want to change any BIOS settings until you have responded.

I don't think this is normal operation - your guide book says it should go direct to Widows Setup

I need this to work ASAP as my child needs it for home schooling tomorrow due to Covid.

Thanks

T
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: New PC boots direct to BIOS screen

Post by Gabe »

tedhurlock,

When it boots to the BIOS, does it show the "Windows Boot Manager" as the first boot device in the Boot section? If not, please set it to such and press F4 to save and exit the BIOS, then it should boot normally. If it's already set that way, or setting it to the "Windows Boot Manager" doesn't make a difference, or "Windows Boot Manager" is not one of the boot options, the next step would be to reinstall the operating system, which you can get on this forum page. An installation instruction video is also on the same page.

Edit: If, for whatever reason or in whatever instance, you need to enter the BIOS in the normal way, press and hold or continually press and release the Delete key on startup.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
tedhurlock

Post by tedhurlock »

Hello

Are you kidding me? You expect the end user to follow a process to re-install windows?
By downloading a 6.8Gb file off a Google Drive? And the file cant be virus checked?
Could your mother do this?

I purchased this PC as I had to return another AcePC model due to failure. My daughter needs a replacement ASAP for home schooling due to COVID.

I did nothing more than plug it in directly out of the box. Don't you have an obligation to ensure these devices work as advertised?

Maybe my best move is to return for a refund and choose another brand?

What do other users think of this?

Ted
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, I am very sorry for your question. First of all, you can try the method of Gabe to see if the startup item is normal. An unstable hard disk connection may cause this. Regarding our system, we uploaded it to Google Drive, which is very private and safe because it is the official firmware. Because its capacity is too large, Google Drive cannot scan it.
If your problem cannot be fixed, I will provide you with a brand new hard drive to make up for this mistake.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
tedhurlock

Post by tedhurlock »

OK

After a lot of trouble I borrowed another PC to create the USB image. The only other one I have is one of yours which has also failed - and I have buy the new one to replace it.

I have followed the instructions and the script executes for a while but it then fails saying it cannot find volume WINPE: but that is the name of the USB stick - I have checked twice on a PC and a Mac.

What can be causing this? Is the volume name case sensitive?

I dont have time to receive another hard disk, I would return the whole unit if this is not successful.

Ted
tedhurlock

Post by tedhurlock »

OK

I created the USB stick and proceeded with the process but the script encountered and error and stopped. It said it could not find a disk.

I decided to run the same stick process on another AcePC I have here (my Son's) and it went through without a problem.

So this suggests to me it is a hardware issue.

You say the disk may not be connected correctly - is this something I can check?

Otherwise I will return it via Amazon

This has taken way to much time

Ted
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello there. Can you provide a picture of the failed installation of the system? How to display the screen when there is no disk? We hope to help you solve the problem better. Thank you for your support. Having customers like you will make us better.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
tedhurlock

Post by tedhurlock »

Hello

This is just going around in circles.

When the installation failed I control-C into the temporary DOS Ram Disk created and executed dispart directly. It only finds the USB disk - not the built in SSD. I opened and read the installation command file that was executed and it is having problems configuring the SSD. It successfully creates a RAM disk and copies over files for installation but then finds there is no disk.

If there is not way to replace the SSD easily then I am packing it up today and returning it for a full refund - along with the other one I have that is ALSO faulty, in a different way. Thankfully I have a month to return it to Amazon

Ted
tedhurlock

Post by tedhurlock »

Hello

Here is a screen shot of when the installation fails and also a shot when I have break into the command line and run DISKPART to list what disks are available. Only the USB disk WINPE is available - not the internal SSD

Please give me feedback ASAP and say if there is ANYTHING I can do to check the internal disk is OK and connected - before I return to Amazon
Attachments
IMG_0350.jpeg
IMG_0350.jpeg (3.36 MiB) Viewed 3178 times
IMG_0349.jpeg
IMG_0349.jpeg (3 MiB) Viewed 3178 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, we have confirmed your problem, can you give us a chance to compensate you? We will select a 500G hard drive for you on Amazon to solve this problem. At the same time, you can follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=907&p=3250#p3250. Learn about the reason for this.
Our factory has perfected this problem for future PCs. You can also replace it with a brand new machine to use it well.

Return to “FAQ”