FAN AK1 SPINNING WITHOUT CONTROL - IRRITANT SOUND

Please discuss some frequently asked questions here!
dbrandao

FAN AK1 SPINNING WITHOUT CONTROL - IRRITANT SOUND

Post by dbrandao »

Hello everyone, the fan of my Acepc AK1 spins out of control, making a very loud noise, has any solution for that?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FAN AK1 SPINNING WITHOUT CONTROL - IRRITANT SOUND

Post by admin »

Hello, this may be due to the internal cable of the fan blocking the fan leaf. Its machine sound is boisterous, or it may be a problem with the fan itself. Please contact our after-sales mailbox for further help: service@iacepc.com.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
yjchoi17

Post by yjchoi17 »

I believe this is a common issue across all AK/GK models. I can confirm that it is very unlikely to be the cable getting in the way, because the fan cable is not long enough to do that.

I did notice that the fan is a 2-pin fan, but it is plugged into a 3-pin fan socket. I don't know if that means anything in terms of electronics, but just a wild guess that it is an issue.

Another guess is that under initial heavy load, the fan spins fast, moving the heatsink out of position, so from there on the fan is always full blast.
I remember the fan was very quiet when I first got my GK2. But after my first real workload, the fan got crazy fast and never came back to the quietness.
GK2 (discontinued model, J4105/4GB/64GB+512GB NVMe*/with Noctua Fan/Windows 10 Home)
* Not all GK2's support NVMe. Check before installing.
W5 Pro (a.k.a. "T5", Z8350/4GB/64GB/Dead CMOS Battery removed/Kubuntu)
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for your guess. I will send it to the R&D staff. Thank you!
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “FAQ”