Supporting three screens

Come here to find solutions to difficult problems!
archie

Supporting three screens

Post by archie »

hi,i have connected two monitors without issue using hdmi. I have a third screen with a scart cable. i have connected to the acepc but the monitor is showing no signal? please advise
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Supporting three screens

Post by Gabe »

archie,

How are you connecting the first two monitors.

With regard to the SCART cable and the third monitor, are you using some sort of convertor to connect it, and to what port on the unit are you connecting it?

What model ACEPC do you have?
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
archie

Post by archie »

each of the two screens have an hdmi cable that goes into the ACEPC J4125 Processor 8GB and works fine. the third screen has a scart cable which goes from the screen into the ACEPC also and its that screen which is showing as no signal.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

archie wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:12 am the third screen has a scart cable which goes from the screen into the ACEPC also and its that screen which is showing as no signal.
How? Is it connected to the VGA port? USB? HDMI splitter and convertor?

Again, what model ACEPC do you have?
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
archie

Post by archie »

Yes the vga cable is connected to the vga port which is part of the many connections on the acepc. on the acepc i have hdmi ports, usb ports and one vga port. the acepc mini pc model is GK3V RAM:8GB ROM:256GB
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

archie,

Have you successfully used the same SCART cable and monitor with other computers?

If you disconnect the HDMI cables and try ONLY the SCART/VGA monitor setup, does it the monitor then work?

As far as I know, three monitors should work with the GK3. If the SCART/VGA/Monitor setup has worked with other computers, but if it still does not on its own (with the HMDI monitors disconnected) with the GK3, it's likely that the admin will have to help, as there may be some setting(s) that has to be adjusted somewhere, either in the BIOS or the video adapter itself.
archie

Post by archie »

Thank you for your help. I will check otherwise i will just use two screens and use my old apple monitor as a separate standalone screen. I did try and hook up a USB from my apple pc into the USB ACEPC connector but that didn’t work either. Thanks anyway
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

archie,

You're welcome, but I'm sorry I couldn't give a more instructive reply. I'm still hoping the admin replies to this with some ideas.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Use the VGA cable to connect and use normally.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
oakknicks

Post by oakknicks »

I am also having difficulty connecting 3 monitors to my ACEPC Mini PC AK1.

Monitor 1 --> connected via HDMI cable from monitor to ACEPC hdmi port
Monitor 2 --> connected via HDMI cable from monitor to ACEPC hdmi port
Monitor 3 (not working, no signal) --> connected via HDMI cable (with a HDMI to USB adapter) from monitor to ACEPC USB port

Can you tell me why Monitor 3 isn't connecting please?

Return to “Computer Technology Zone”