AK3 - J4125

Quick Fix.
vmercurio

Re: AK3 - J4125

Post by vmercurio »

admin wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:51 am Hello there
Since our machine does not have a TPM chip, this function cannot be enabled under BIOS.
Actually it does have a TPM chip, I already have enabled that in BIOS and it shows in Windows device manager, see attached screen clip.

Is it possible to get a unlocked BIOS that I can use instead of the locked version?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
TPM.png
TPM.png (14.04 KiB) Viewed 4943 times
vmercurio

Post by vmercurio »

Gabe wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:31 pm vmercurio,

Though I can't speak for the admin, the option being locked down in the BIOS may very well be the case. The BIOS as of late in ACEPC computers have been locked down a good bit compared to what they were before, or at least from what I've seen and read. I believe they've done this to prevent people from adjusting the things that can cause problems if they aren't very versed in doing so.

I don't know if they have an alternate BIOS for the AK3 or a way to unlock the 'Secure Boot' setting, if it's there. Hopefully the admin will better understand that it's 'Secure Boot' that you're looking for and can advise either way.
Thank you for your input Gabe!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, there is no TPM chip, please go to the BIOS interface to take a picture. We will give you the corresponding BIOS file based on the date.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
vmercurio

Post by vmercurio »

admin wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:58 am Sorry, there is no TPM chip, please go to the BIOS interface to take a picture. We will give you the corresponding BIOS file based on the date.
Thank you, here's the picture of BIOS
Attachments
20210214_104440575.jpg
20210214_104440575.jpg (310.1 KiB) Viewed 4876 times
vmercurio

Post by vmercurio »

Any update on this? I'm looking forward to getting the unlocked BIOS, thank you.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We have contacted the BIOS developer. Thank you for your patience. We will send you the new BIOS file.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

TPM module disk encryption test method

First, confirm that the TPM module can be captured normally under the device manager.
Use BitLocker to encrypt settings.

1. Press "win+R" and enter "control" in the running window to open;

2. In the control panel, select "System and Security."

3. After entering the system and security options, find "BitLocker Drive Plus Encryption, and click to enter

4. Find the drive letter that needs to be encrypted and click "Enable BitLocker."

5. In the BitLocker Drive Encryption window, select "Use a password to unlock the drive," then enter the password you set yourself, and click "Next" after the entry is complete

6. Save your "file saved by the recovery key" to your U disk or mobile device. The encrypted drive key cannot be saved in another drive letter of the computer. The computer hard disk is a non-removable "drive" and cannot be saved to an encrypted drive.

7. After setting the save location, it will prompt "Saved recovery key," then click "Next."

8. Then, when everything is ready, ask, "Are you ready to encrypt the drive" click "Encryption."

9. After that, start encrypting the disk you want to encrypt. Wait for a while until the encryption is completed. After the encryption is completed, click "Close"
(The length of the encryption time is determined by the capacity of your encrypted drive letter. The larger the capacity, the longer the encryption time, otherwise the smaller the capacity, the shorter the encryption time)

10. Then, you can see that the disk you need to encrypt has become a disk with a "lock" shape, indicating that the encryption is complete

11. Then, test the encryption effect. You can see that you need to type the password correctly to decrypt the drive. After entering your password, click unlock.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, we have made a BIOS that suits you. This does not require you to update the BIOS.
vmercurio

Post by vmercurio »

admin wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:50 am Hello, we have made a BIOS that suits you. This does not require you to update the BIOS.
I'm sorry this BIOS does not suit me, the instructions you provided is for enabling bitlocker, that is not my problem I have done that already and it works, the problem is I do not have access in BIOS to enable "Secure Boot"
Can you please provide me with the unlocked BIOS
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It cannot be enabled in the BIOS. This is the TPM function that comes with the CPU, not a separate TPM module, so there is no such option in the BIOS.

Return to “Troubleshooting”