AK3 - J4125

Quick Fix.
vmercurio

AK3 - J4125

Post by vmercurio »

I'm trying to find Secure Boot in BIOS but can't seem to find it, I'm trying to enable Bitlocker but Secure Boot needs to be enabled for it to work correctly otherwise it prompts for the recovery key every time it's rebooted.

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AK3 - J4125

Post by admin »

Please provide a screenshot so we can help you solve the problem.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
vmercurio

Post by vmercurio »

admin wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:06 am Please provide a screenshot so we can help you solve the problem.
Hi what screenshot do you need, I'm trying to find the Secure Boot option in BIOS.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can you enter the desktop now? Open the system settings-update and security-restore through the key combination Win + I, click the "restart now" button of "advanced startup," and you will directly enter the advanced startup options after the system restarts. After entering the advanced startup options, select "Troubleshooting" -> "Advanced Options" -> "Startup Settings" -> "Restart", use the number key 4 or the function key F4, and select "Enable Safe Mode".
I hope this tutorial is helpful to you.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
vmercurio

Post by vmercurio »

admin wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:29 am Can you enter the desktop now? Open the system settings-update and security-restore through the key combination Win + I, click the "restart now" button of "advanced startup," and you will directly enter the advanced startup options after the system restarts. After entering the advanced startup options, select "Troubleshooting" -> "Advanced Options" -> "Startup Settings" -> "Restart", use the number key 4 or the function key F4, and select "Enable Safe Mode".
I hope this tutorial is helpful to you.
Not sure where I said I want to get to "Safe mode" in Windows. I'm trying to get to the "Secure Boot" setting in BIOS, I've attached a picture of what it should look like in BIOS.
Attachments
Secure-Boot.jpg
Secure-Boot.jpg (162.64 KiB) Viewed 6007 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Are you able to use it normally now?
vmercurio

Post by vmercurio »

admin wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:22 am Are you able to use it normally now?
I don't think you understand, the picture I showed was an EXAMPLE of what it should look like, I cannot access "SECURE BOOT" in the BIOS on the AK3, it does not show at all, is this something that is hidden in BIOS?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

vmercurio,

Though I can't speak for the admin, the option being locked down in the BIOS may very well be the case. The BIOS as of late in ACEPC computers have been locked down a good bit compared to what they were before, or at least from what I've seen and read. I believe they've done this to prevent people from adjusting the things that can cause problems if they aren't very versed in doing so.

I don't know if they have an alternate BIOS for the AK3 or a way to unlock the 'Secure Boot' setting, if it's there. Hopefully the admin will better understand that it's 'Secure Boot' that you're looking for and can advise either way.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello there
Since our machine does not have a TPM chip, this function cannot be enabled under BIOS.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

And the secure boot is completely different from the TPM encryption function. You may find a solution from other aspects.

Return to “Troubleshooting”