T6 Stick PC Driver Download

MCHPmgb

T6 Stick PC Driver Download

Post by MCHPmgb »

Could someone please provide a link to a download location for the driver files for the "T6 Stick PC".
I can not find the driver files on your website or forum, do you have an FTP site or link to a "company friendly" download location maybe a Microsoft OneDrive (NOT MEGA.NZ or Google Drive)?
We have a Windows 10 PC image that is used on all our company machines.
I have "Imaged" the Stick PC with our image and assumed that we could "easily" download any HW specific drivers, this doesn't appear to be the case.
So I now have a Stick PC that boots to our windows 10 image but as the image has wiped all of the other drives and files it has no network (WiFi) or audio and is a bit useless.
We were using this T6 Stick PC to run tests to see if it could be used to replace the now discontinued "Intel Compute Stick"
I hope someone can help
Regards.
Malcolm aka MCHPmgb
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: T6 Stick PC Driver Download

Post by Gabe »

MCHPmgb,

Unfortunately, the only place you can currently get drivers for the T6 is being hosted on Google Drive.

Just in case you can figure out a way, they're here...

The driver installation tutorial is here...

Edited: Incorrect drivers were initially posted (for CK6 instead of T5/T6).
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
ray

Post by ray »

Hi Gabe, I have downloaded the drivers you refer to and tried the installation on my T6 2GB/32GB for Windows 10 20H2. They are of no use, they are not being installed or detected by the T6 Stick/Windows. I cannot even install the network driver (the standard windows version doesnt work).

Have you any idea where or how I can get hold of the correct drivers?

If not, do you know of any way to do a "factory reset" and reset the T6 Stick back to Windows 10 1909 (some kind of recovery on the stick)?

Regards
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

ray,

As far as I know, those are the only drivers for the T6. However, you can reinstall the system, which will include the required drivers.

You can download Windows 10 Pro 1909 for the T6 here...

The system installation tutorial is here...

If your T6 came with Home and not Pro, I'm pretty sure the system reverts to Home based on the product key embedded in the BIOS, so you can still use the above installation file.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
ray

Post by ray »

Thanks for the information Gabe, but in the end I had to "bite the bullet" and return to W10_1909.
I tried multiple versions from W10_20H02, W10_2004, but finally back to W10_1909. The main issue being that the WiFi wasn't being detected. The "Broadcom 802.11ac WDI SDIO Adapter" just wasn't appearing in Windows at all.
I contacted the Seller, and got some instructions, as follows:
Please follow the instructions on the following link: https://www.magijars.com/z83-ii-mini-pc ... on-solved/

Download the files for 64-bit and make sure to copy and paste the .txt file (at the bottom of the page) to the appropriate folder before restarting the PC Stick - this is the most important step. If the above does not fix things, try restarting the device a few times. Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers again may also be required.

If again the problem does not fix, the CMOS will need to be cleared. Repeatedly insert the Micro USB power supply and remove rapidly (around 1 second, or once the Blue LED shows) – do this for around 20-30 seconds. It seems rather ‘unscientific’ but once CMOS is successfully cleared, the WIFI driver will always show and start working.

The only thing that worked was the last one, the ‘unscientific’ approach. Although this wasn't foolproof either, I had multiple tries and doing the in/out" 30 times. Finally the Broadcom adapter appeared in Device Manager, I was then able to run the 64_bit driver installation file (step 2 above).

So far so good, I will now be trying to install Windows update to secure my stick.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

ray,

For reference, the Windows 10 Pro 1909 installation file provided includes all of the necessary drivers, installing them alongside the system. Though people can certainly use the method you've provided, installing Windows 10 1909 from the installation file provided does everything in one step.

With this said, the drivers first provided were incorrect, and I apologize for that. The drivers had been mistakenly edited to those of the CK6 on the T5/T6 system and driver download page in the File Download section, which is where I retrieved the file location from. I've fixed that and will edit the post in this thread to provide the proper T6 drivers.

Again, I apologize for the mistake and creating an unnecessary headache for you, and quite possibly MCHPmgb as well.
Rudi452

Post by Rudi452 »

Just a remark: at the provided download links there is no transfer possible: ERROR too much traffic, download has been disabled.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Rudi452,

I would try again. Perhaps there was an issue at that particular time with Google's servers. They download without issue at current.
suat

Post by suat »

ray wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:37 pm

The only thing that worked was the last one, the ‘unscientific’ approach. Although this wasn't foolproof either, I had multiple tries and doing the in/out" 30 times. Finally the Broadcom adapter appeared in Device Manager, I was then able to run the 64_bit driver installation file (step 2 above).

So far so good, I will now be trying to install Windows update to secure my stick.
Worked for me as well, Thanks!
plhm10

Post by plhm10 »

ray wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:37 pm Thanks for the information Gabe, but in the end I had to "bite the bullet" and return to W10_1909.
I tried multiple versions from W10_20H02, W10_2004, but finally back to W10_1909. The main issue being that the WiFi wasn't being detected. The "Broadcom 802.11ac WDI SDIO Adapter" just wasn't appearing in Windows at all.
I contacted the Seller, and got some instructions, as follows:
Please follow the instructions on the following link: https://www.magijars.com/z83-ii-mini-pc ... on-solved/

Download the files for 64-bit and make sure to copy and paste the .txt file (at the bottom of the page) to the appropriate folder before restarting the PC Stick - this is the most important step. If the above does not fix things, try restarting the device a few times. Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers again may also be required.

If again the problem does not fix, the CMOS will need to be cleared. Repeatedly insert the Micro USB power supply and remove rapidly (around 1 second, or once the Blue LED shows) – do this for around 20-30 seconds. It seems rather ‘unscientific’ but once CMOS is successfully cleared, the WIFI driver will always show and start working.

Thanks dude!!, for me this is the only thing that works

Return to “Z8350(T6)”