ACEPC AK1 - won't wake from sleep

Quick Fix.
rogerinfrance

Re: ACEPC AK1 - won't wake from sleep

Post by rogerinfrance »

Hi all as you may know I also had this problem. It seems that after an update the problem started, however the good news is that after yet another update the machine now works properly. My sequence of events is basically as follows, the microphone would not work. MS put in a new version. I found the problem and let MS know, then the machine would not restart unless I walked away and left it for "a while"! That "awhile" could be minutes, hours or days. MS did an update and the problem was solved. They also solved the duplicating microphone problem, which incidentally caused the machine to get very hot. The machine is now working normally, fan running quietly, and machine not hot. After a couple of seconds idle the fan stops! I am guessing that MS has found the problems and that basically as the machine is that of a laptop, some things were not wholly compatible with desktop working, eg the mic, the failing to boot, and the duplication of things that cause the machine to get hot! Roger

Software :- Windows 10 Pro, version 21H1, installed 25/‎08/‎2020 , OS build 19043.1110
witt

Post by witt »

To manually enter sleep or modify the sleep time, the sleep status indicator should be red. At this time, the keyboard and mouse can wake up normally. If the indicator is always blue after sleep, you can usually only press the power button to wake up. This is a system problem. It may be a problem after Update
Pete B

Post by Pete B »

Hi, unfortunately the problem with waking the AK2 from sleep still persists. I'm using Win10 Pro 20H2 (19042.1237). The only way I have found which helps is to set the power button up to sleep (not shutdown as has been suggested in the past), then if you lose HDMI output and the unit's light is still blue, pressing the power button sends the AK2 correctly into sleep mode (red light), which it can then be brought out of by keyboard / mouse as expected.

It's a nuisance quirk with these units but doesn't detract too severely from what is an otherwise good value and capable mini PC.

To date, is there any update on this problem ?

I note from a comment above (rogerinfrance) that he's now on Win10 21H1 which he feels might have fixed the issue, anyone else noticed this ? Just thought I'd ask before taking the plunge :roll:

thanks
PhillyPhan23

Post by PhillyPhan23 »

I bought an AK2 to replace my current home control computer. I haven't done much with it until now and I'm dealing with the won't wake from sleep issue others are seeing. This is a deal breaker for me so now I have to see if I can return it and look for something else. I do have the option to use Linux - I'll look on the board to see if that is possible.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, regarding wake-up from sleep, this is a system bug of Microsoft, you can try to reinstall the system. You can also turn off sleep mode permanently according to this tutorial:
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “Troubleshooting”