The fan sounds loud

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

The fan sounds loud

Post by admin »

1.The first reason is that the fan is clogged with dust, so pls clean it up.
2.The cable inside the fan blocks the fan leaves. It is recommended that to disassemble the machine and move the cable position away from the fan leaves.
3.When playing games, increasing the power consumption will increase the temperature. We use intelligent temperature control. When the temperature is high, the fan will rotate to assist the heat dissipation which is normal. It is recommended to clear the memory to reduce the load on the machine. You can also reduce the number of open applications. Reduce the CPU pressure, the fan speed will also decrease when the temperature is lower. It is recommended to place the machine in a ventilated position, which will help heat dissipation.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
miguelillo

Re: The fan sounds loud

Post by miguelillo »

Hi

I just bought AK1. I'm really surprised how much I can notice fan noise, it is really loud compared with others mini PC or regular PC.

I can tell that the fan is working faster than needed because if I touch de PC it is cold.

Is there a way I can adjust the configuration so fan starts in a higher temperature threshold?

Thank you in advance.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We use air-cooled design; what is your environment, how long will it become noisy?
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
miguelillo

Post by miguelillo »

Thanks for your reply.

My environment is under 20ºC and quiet, so it is easier to listen the fan working.

Fan starts when I open Chrome and keeps working almost every time. I feel like it cannot work at low speed, as it is very noticeable since the very beggining it starts.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Everyone has a different definition of noise. You can download a software that measures the temperature of the CPU to detect and contact us.
Peter Buchmann

Post by Peter Buchmann »

First: The AK1 is a really cool and cheap hardware. I really love it.

But: The fan of my AK1 is also quite loud. The first few moments after starting it is quiet, but after a while (at about 35°C) it starts to ventilate a lot. But the CPU is not very heavily loaded at all, because it is actually quite powerful.

I think that a way to downclock the processor and slow down the fan a bit could help many customers.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for your feedback, because you guys we will get better. :D
Peter Buchmann

Post by Peter Buchmann »

Just used Speedfan to check the temperatures when the fan started:

HD0 33C
CPU1 26C
CPU2 26C
CPU3 24C
CPU4 24C.

The environment is at about 21C.

Now it seems that, when all CPUs are down to or below 23C for some seconds, the fan gets a bit slower, when ist goes to 24C again it vents faster.
HD0 is at 33C all the time.
miguelillo

Post by miguelillo »

Peter Buchmann wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:58 am Just used Speedfan to check the temperatures when the fan started:

HD0 33C
CPU1 26C
CPU2 26C
CPU3 24C
CPU4 24C.

The environment is at about 21C.

Now it seems that, when all CPUs are down to or below 23C for some seconds, the fan gets a bit slower, when ist goes to 24C again it vents faster.
HD0 is at 33C all the time.
I've got very similar CPU measures. Envirenment 24ªC.

I'm not an expert, but I think that higher temperatures may be allowed without significant risk for the PC. It would be quiet...
rogerinfrance

Post by rogerinfrance »

Hi as admin will confirm due to a windows problem also can be confirmed by windows / MS if there are any conflicts then the fan will be switched on to a higher level. I had a problem that nobody could work out but after pulling the software to bits discovered in my case that everytime I plugged the mic in the software generated a new one I ended up with 4 and something else and stopped audio control. MS picked up on the fan but I discovered the problem and it is a MS 10 problem. Immediately the conflict was cured the fan speed dropped! So my room is at about 25c the machine is literally at 1'6" in front of me and the fan is just a very gentle hiss. Before it was quite loud certainly enough to be obtrusive. MS had already upgraded my version 10 and they did not find the original problem but do be aware that you really have to get on top of upgrades / updates. For info my machine is now running 1909 issued on May 5/2020 and with build number 18363.815 which of course none of you will have. There will be an update on the problem of duplicating conflicts. You will also have a problem on finding them! So, start looking if you feel the fan is doing too much. As I said mine is sitting here with just a gentle whisper.

Return to “J4125(GK3)”