The fan sounds loud

mpdevivo

Re: The fan sounds loud

Post by mpdevivo »

Sorry, forgot to mention that I did remove the external hard drive. I received the results shown when the upgrade files were in the c:\ folder and no USB or hard drives were connected.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1, Format the usb flash disk to fat32 file format;

2. Unzip the folder, And copy all files to the root directory of the usb flash disk;

3.Insert the USB flash disk into the USB port of the device,Then power on the device;
4.Keep pressing F7 key on the keyboard during the boot running, The device will be into boot menu, Then Select "UEFI: build-in EFI Shell" to enter

5.the update will automatically until tips for successful

6. Pressing ”ctrl+alt+del” to reset the devices;

Please check the operation steps, and then cooperate with me to say what you don’t understand or where you are stuck.

Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
mpdevivo

Post by mpdevivo »

I figured out what I was doing wrong! It matters WHICH usb port the flash drive is put into. I was using one of the ports on the side of the unit. When I switched to the port on the BACK, the EC update ran without a problem.

I'll report back in a few days whether the fan is running less often or less loudly.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, I hope you enjoy it.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Beechwoods

Post by Beechwoods »

I got it working.

Download both sets of files mentioned earlier:
admin wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:29 am You can download this EC file:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
admin wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:51 am AK1 EFI:
Unzip this file and put it in the root directory of the U disk, then you can flash the BIOS normally.
Extract both the the root directory of your FAT32 formatted Flash Drive.

Your USB drive should look like this:

Make sure the USB drive is in the USB slot on the back of the AK1 (thanks mpdevivo!)

Reboot, holding F7. See the boot menu. Pick UEFI <Name of your boot disk> - mine was UEFI SanDisk...

Wait for the Blue flash utility screen to appear. Progress will be reported on that screen in the form of an increasing number of Yellow stars.

Once finished it will tell you it has completed sucessfully and return you to a Command prompt.

CTL-ALT-DEL to restart the machine normally.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Your tutorial is great!
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

The fan in my GK1 is quiet. In fact, I didn't know if it was actually working until I smelled it, as in that electrical smell when it comes on for the very first time. I then put my hand near the unit and could feel it. Whisper quiet.

My GK1 gets quite warm according to Core Temp, but maybe that's normal. Up to around 70c or so, and then the fan comes on to cool it down a bit.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Sven2020

Post by Sven2020 »

Hello @all
I own the latest? model AK3 (J4125 CPU) and I have similar issues.
From time to time the fan is starting and stopping every 2-3 seconds until the system reached the correct temperature.
It's a fan okay, but the start / stooping loop is really confusing resp. bother me.

In addition
There are no information about the AK3 model listed @ACEPC. I bought the device @Amazon.de yesterday...
Another point is the BIOS / UEFI. Very less or no options to change board settings (cpu clock / fan behaviour etc. pp.). This is the smallest set up I ever seen. ;)

Any chance to get more information of the latest AK3 model reps. setting such ec file?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

MINI PC adopts intelligent temperature control. When the temperature is low, the fan will run at a low speed/suspend. When the temperature is high, it will automatically run to assist in heat dissipation, and stop when the temperature is low. Taking into account the importance of the BIOS, we have hidden the BIOS options, in order to avoid machine damage caused by operational errors.
Sven2020

Post by Sven2020 »

Hi
Thanks for information
The problems is the fan is working like a breathing "thing"....
I use the device with KODI (normal encoded SD / HD material).
Is there a way to enable the hidden options, pls or to enable a kind of fan controlling in hardware / BIOS layer?

Return to “J4125(GK3)”