The fan sounds loud

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The fan sounds loud

Post by admin »

You can try to upgrade EC, here is the download link:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
EC is similar to BIOS, and is an abbreviation of Embedded Controller. It is a relatively advanced power management chip of the machine. It mainly controls the fan speed of the machine, keyboard backlight, I / O devices, and some switches. The fan can be improved by updating the EC firmware. Speed repair hardware work BUG and implement some new functions and so on.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
digibucc

Post by digibucc »

i tried the EC update to no success.

from the moment the machine turns on it's fan is at full blast. the cpu is 18c, there is no reason for the fan to be running full speed. once it gets to 16c it stops, but i can't use the computer in any way without it going back to 18c and getting loud again.

i just got the device in yesterday, have only installed firefox, temp monitor, and drivers/windows update.

is there not a way to just increase the threashold? make it turn up at a higher temperature instead of 18c, make it ramp up speeds over a period of time instead of straight to full speed.

i am more than 15ft away and the noise makes me want to return the device as it defeats the purpose. im trying to move my gaming pc to the basement because of the noise, this is no better!
digibucc

Post by digibucc »

forgot to mention, i got the ak1 8gb/120gb
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please download a temperature measurement software: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cdCtCV ... sp=sharing
This can test the temperature of the CPU, please contact us for abnormal conditions
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
judahdavis

Post by judahdavis »

I am having the same issue
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can also use the method I said.
Peter Buchmann

Post by Peter Buchmann »

Screenshot after a full day of work in home office at normal temreatures (23°C) and a full day of heavy ventilation.
Attachments
CoreTemp-Scr.png
CoreTemp-Scr.png (18.79 KiB) Viewed 14066 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

everything is normal.
Peter Buchmann

Post by Peter Buchmann »

There is quite a large discrepancy between the core temperatures that the Core Temp and SpeedFan programs display when you run both side by side. SpeedFan starts just about at the ambient temperature (which I consider logical), whereas Core Temp directly jumps to 40°C+. The difference is almost 20°C which is strange.

And now to the volume. Measured with an app, the difference in volume between high speed (40-45dB) and low speed (30-35dB) is quite large. You can bear the 40+dB, but it is a rather loud ambient noise that is clearly disturbing when working or watching videos.

Now another experience when buying my last HP laptop. The company settings of the laptop were so that the fan was quite loud, maybe even louder than the ACEPC. But there was an app pre-installed in which you could set a performance profile. After setting it to "quiet" I never heard the fan again.

So it should be with the ACEPC.
Attachments
CoreTemp-Scr.png
CoreTemp-Scr.png (116.53 KiB) Viewed 14063 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Core temp is the tested CPU core temperature. The CPU core temperature is about 40 degrees after the machine is booted into the system. The CPU temperature cannot be calculated from 0 degrees because the system has been installed before your temperature measurement software is opened. Already working. So the CPU temperature at this time cannot be 0 degrees; we have not yet developed software to set quiet. However, we can set the fan to rotate fully or not.

Return to “J4125(GK3)”