The fan sounds loud

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The fan sounds loud

Post by admin »

Sorry, sir, we care about the feelings of every customer. The machine will be strictly inspected when it leaves the factory, but it will still not satisfy everyone. You can get in touch with the after-sales service and provide the order number, and we will transfer it to a more professional The after-sales staff handles your problems. Here, I am more to solve your existing problems, but it is obvious that I cannot solve the fan noise that you think is loud. We will provide you with corresponding compensation to express our apologies.
After-sales mailbox: service@iacepc.com
When contacting, please provide the order number and the problem that you cannot solve on the forum.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
erdorado

Post by erdorado »

mpdevivo wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:51 am I figured out what I was doing wrong! It matters WHICH usb port the flash drive is put into. I was using one of the ports on the side of the unit. When I switched to the port on the BACK, the EC update ran without a problem.

I'll report back in a few days whether the fan is running less often or less loudly.
I tried everything and tried all usb ports without anything plugged (except keyboard). Nothing works and stucks at blue screen as you previously mentioned. Is your pc AK1 or AK2? Is there any difference with the EC file on both models?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please check the tutorial of flashing BIOS, the EC file of AK1 can be used with AK1 series.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
erdorado

Post by erdorado »

It is not my first time or first PC that I update BIOS or EC. I also watched the tutorial that you shared.

Anyway I solved the problem by myself. The nsh file you shared is trying to open the fs3 which should be USB drive but if you have SSD installed and using the Internal Storage as Drive D, code is not getting into the USB drive, instead going through the Local Drive D.

If anybody had issues during the update (opens the blue update screen but nothing else, no update or no progress) can try this:

Solution: copy all usb drive content into drive D as well. In this case, update starts otherwise just hanging in the D drive content and cannot find the EC update file.

@admin: I know it is not the write topic for this but could you also be kind to share the latest BIOS file for the AK2 model?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

erdorado,

This may be what you're looking for. I'm not recommending that anyone flash their BIOS, but rather I'm just pointing to it.

viewtopic.php?p=317#p317
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
JWN1963

Post by JWN1963 »

I removed the fan connector from the board. So there is no active cooling anymore and my AK1 is totally quiet now.
I monitored the temperature with https://openhardwaremonitor.org/ and the MAX Temp (CPU core) i get when i use all heavy applications at the same time is 76 degrees and under normal use MAX 56 degrees.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

As a response to the last reply, though removing the fan power may have helped with the sound, it is not at all advisable for anyone to do this. CPU cooling fans, especially in compact units like these, are there to protect against temperature spikes that can quickly ruin a CPU, or shorten its life.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
SergS

Post by SergS »

AK3V fan sound trouble:

I ordered other blower fan with similar size and will try it - but I need to wait for order to be delivered up to 1-2 month.

I beleve that other fan will be less loudy - i had something similar in past year with mini pc from other manufacturer - XCY - i replaced original blower fan with better quality fan and problem was resolved.

UPD: The current fan to often starts between 60-70 CPU degrees - it may be not the fan configuration problem - as I can see it may be fan trouble itself - fan twitches before start - sometimes it simply twitches without start.
freelancer

Post by freelancer »

I've got a AK1 recently, and start to notice the fan loud issue very soon. After applying the update mentioned https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 6Y71_J2js_ , it seems to me that the issue is getting more frequent than before. So I'd like to check again, is there any real official solution or recommendation to this?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The function of EC is to control the fan speed. You can shoot a short video to let us judge whether the sound is normal. If you use it for a long time, the noise may be caused by the fan's dust accumulation.

Return to “J4125(GK3)”