The fan sounds loud

Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: The fan sounds loud

Post by Gabe »

This is interesting.

I have both a GK1 and an AK3, and though I've swapped boards between them due to the AK3 board having better specs and the GK1 having what is, in my opinion, a better case, I've never had any fan issues with either one. I'm pretty sure they both have the same fan and even use the same BIOS.

I actually had to use a small piece of tissue paper to see if the fans were operating, as I couldn't hear them.

I really hope that those of you having these fan sound issues can find solutions.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Und0

Post by Und0 »

Hello, has any solution been found? I have the device for 30 days now and it's incredibly loud.
evolucion8

Post by evolucion8 »

Mine is pretty silent most of the time but when i am doing some heavy work like using Teams video conference or Google Remote desktop, anything that increases the GPU workload above 65% its definitively audible and goes up and down like in a non sense way, but most of the time its quiet. Also noticed that sometimes won't resume from sleep even with a new OS installation from scratch, also noticed that sometimes it won't boot from the SSD that I installed in the external cady module that comes with it, that is why I purchased an M2 nVME 2242 and will apply the same image and see how it behaves regarding to trying several times to boot through the SSD in the external module.
donza

Post by donza »

Hi, please inform me if there is a bios update for GK3, thanks
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 风扇声音很大

Post by admin »

If there is a problem with your fan, you can take a video and send it to my mailbox. I will solve this problem for you.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Tlaspia

Post by Tlaspia »

Why is AK3V sooooo Slow, everything works fine , just very slow
Argmotek

Post by Argmotek »

Hello everybody,

I recently bought an ACEPC AK1 on Amazon and after a few days, I find that the fan makes noise (normal noise when a fan is running, not quiet, but I find it normal). However, I notice that from time to time when the fan is not running, a suspicious noise appears. A very disturbing vibration.

Knowing what I'm doing and that I don't want to get my money back because it meets my expectations. I decided to open it.

My research results are that the fan doesn't receive enough power to work.
Indeed, while the fan is running, the motherboard delivers 5V continuous and the fan is running. However, as soon as the fan stops, the noise starts to appear. This is actually the fan vibrating because it is not receiving enough power (3V measured when the fan is stopped and makes the vibrating sound).
And finally, when the fan vibration noise stops I see 0V of electric current.

Is there a way to correct this problem?

In the meantime, I will try to find another way to cool the system.
nikfok15

Post by nikfok15 »

Argmotek, I also face the same problem with the 'buzzing noise' when fan is off...
sihaynes65

Post by sihaynes65 »

I bought the GK3 on amazon a week ago. Its a good machine apart from the fan noise which is annoying & really quite loud & distracting. Its intermittent but every once in a while the fan starts & then almost immediately stops so its like its revving up & down. This is actually more distracting than if it was on all the time. Many other people have had the same problem as evidenced by this thread is there any solution to it? If it requires a bios update is this available for the GK3?
nonja

Post by nonja »

On my AK3 is almost no load it is a whining sound, not air but it sounds like the fan is not lubricated properly or making contact with something I can not see. My other mini pcs from other manufacturers are almost dead silent.
This is annoying enough not to want to work around it.

Return to “J4125(GK3)”