The fan sounds loud

freelancer

Re: The fan sounds loud

Post by freelancer »

One more thing to confirm, is it normal that even under very low workload, the CPU is almost never getting lower than the default 1.5Ghz? See below screenshot for an example, I only very seldomly see one core showing 9XXMhz for very few seconds, and 13XXMhz for some time, but mostly all cores are working at 1.5Ghz. It looks a little strange to me.
屏幕截图 2021-01-20 090906.png
屏幕截图 2021-01-20 090906.png (96.07 KiB) Viewed 12950 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1.5GHZ is the basic frequency of the CPU. You can check this parameter on Intel's official website: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... 3-ghz.html
So when it is not working, it will still keep running at this frequency. After you start working, it will rise to a higher level.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Voltaire79

Re: The fan sounds loud - here GK3

Post by Voltaire79 »

Greetings from germany...

In Dezember 2020 ist bought the acepc gk3 on amazon.de. it works fine in homeoffice, but the Fan starts at a runtime of about 30min every 15seconds for 5 seconds with a high loudness... the maintemp is 64 degrees, for a short moment, it goes up to 66 degrees and the fan starts up...

In this this thread i read about a bios-update for the ak1 or ak3. is there an update for the gk3bios avaible?
I want to set the fan controll at my own.

thx
voltaire79 :ugeek:
gbace

Post by gbace »

I have had my Acepc for around 6 months now. The fan has always been annoyingly loud, which just sounded like normal air rushing.

However, now the fan makes a distinct machine sound, sort of like the drone of an old hard drive or of a machine room in an old building. It's very annoying and makes me think it's about to die.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello there
Sorry for the inconvenience. We are already improving the fan situation. If you have questions about your fan, you can upload the video to Youtube or other platforms and let us listen to it. This is very helpful to our judgment.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
pierluigirizzi

Post by pierluigirizzi »

I bought the GK3V miniPC on Amazon.
I am not satisfied, because the fan is very noisy even when the PC load is not high.
I would hate to return to Amazon and do bad reviews for other users
I read in the forums that it would be enough to update the BIOS
Which latest BIOS for my model GK3V (j4125)
Are you working on a solution?
it's really frustrating
Tlaspia

Post by Tlaspia »

What is newest bios for ak3? Can you provide link
evolucion8

Post by evolucion8 »

SergS wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:15 pm AK3V fan sound trouble:

I ordered other blower fan with similar size and will try it - but I need to wait for order to be delivered up to 1-2 month.

I beleve that other fan will be less loudy - i had something similar in past year with mini pc from other manufacturer - XCY - i replaced original blower fan with better quality fan and problem was resolved.

UPD: The current fan to often starts between 60-70 CPU degrees - it may be not the fan configuration problem - as I can see it may be fan trouble itself - fan twitches before start - sometimes it simply twitches without start.
One quick question, where did you got a replacement cooler? Which is the fan size for it?
evolucion8

Post by evolucion8 »

Found out that these fans should work, its the same size, which is 40mm and 5V two wires. 12V won't work. They also work for the GK1 and AK1.
Attachments
Test.JPG
Test.JPG (114.13 KiB) Viewed 12724 times
sezomezo

Post by sezomezo »

Hi,

I have the same problem as described in this thread. The fan of my new bought acepc ak1 is just playing crazy. It goes up and down constantly and it is really annyoing.
I read that you are working on this problem and I have a wish. Please let the more experienced people control the fan themselfs.
I personally would like the fan to go in the middle all the time. it wouldn't be too loud, it would keep the system cool and it wouldnt annoy with his constant highs and low.
And lastly I would like to share a video of this problem to make it more clear, that the biggest probem is the constant change of high and low fan speed.

Return to “J4125(GK3)”