Top spec mini PC for a great price

Participate in this forum section to become a super user who can experience our latest products first. What are you waiting for?
richieloco

Top spec mini PC for a great price

Post by richieloco »

Top-spec mini PC for a great price {AK2}
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 16, 2020

:!: For the past three years I have been trading currencies using bots that I have written. The idea with that is wanting a system that will trade and make you money whilst you sleep. Previously I used subscriptions to various VPSs for this but those have always turned out to be expensive.
:arrow: I used one of the top providers for around about a year and a half which cost me about £15 per month for a pretty low spec machine based in France - this hurt my wallet and performance wasn’t great - the final straw was when it became a victim to a crypto-jacking attack. So I decided to try a mini pc. I’d heard that they perform well whilst being almost silent due to them having no fan.
12.4.jpg
12.4.jpg (36.36 KiB) Viewed 3107 times
:!: Setting up was easy. I got Windows 10 booted up in no time. It was then just a simple case of getting all the trading software loaded up on there - which I have done many times before - so I was up and running in no time. So, I have been very impressed with the performance it. I can leave it beavering away watching several trading terminals whilst I multitask on it. Even at the busiest times performance doesn’t suffer and the mini pc doesn’t get too hot or at all loud.
:idea: As I would expect, it had no problem picking up connections to monitors via HDMI as well as other USB-connected peripherals like keyboard and mouse. Overall this was a cost-effective replacement for a VPS and the highest spec of mini PC that I have owned to date.
TheDonat41

Re: Top spec mini PC for a great price

Post by TheDonat41 »

I also bought this same mini PC this week, question do you know what the small hole to the left of the mike socket is for?
It has what appears to be a small padlock symbol on it, see image attached.
Attachments
padlock hole
padlock hole
padlock symbol.jpg (202.49 KiB) Viewed 3096 times
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

TheDonat41,

It's for an anti theft device, similar to when you check out the displayed laptops at a store and they're attached to the shelf by a cable to prevent theft.

I believe it's for either a T-bar lock or a wedge lock, though I'm not sure of the exact type.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
TheDonat41

Post by TheDonat41 »

Gabe wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:54 pm TheDonat41,

It's for an anti theft device, similar to when you check out the displayed laptops at a store and they're attached to the shelf by a cable to prevent theft.

I believe it's for either a T-bar lock or a wedge lock, though I'm not sure of the exact type.
Thanks again Gabe, much appreciated
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

TheDonat41 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:48 pm Thanks again Gabe, much appreciated
You're quite welcome. I'm glad I could be of help. 🙂
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Super User Club”