PTT EK Recertification Service

Come here to find solutions to difficult problems!
jamiropipi

PTT EK Recertification Service

Post by jamiropipi »

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, I've already searched this but couldn't find anything; please forgive me if this topic have been already covered.

I'm looking for a way to shut off permanently "Intel(T)PTT Recertification Service which is always on and draining up to 40% the CPU (AK1)

Is there anything I can do to prevent it to turn on anytime I power on the device?

Thanks in advance.

Pier.
AK1 J3455 8+120GB
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: PTT EK Recertification Service

Post by Gabe »

jamiropipi,

Though I can't speak for the efficacy of anything listed, a couple of possible solutions are listed in the following thread...

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=346

Hope this helps. 🙂
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
jamiropipi

Post by jamiropipi »

Thanks Gabe,

The workaround posted by @ruiznacho works brilliantly for me, credits to him:

1 - open task scheduler
2 - view -> show hidden task
3 - In the task scheduler library, main folder disable "Intel PTT EK Recertification" task

Pier.
AK1 J3455 8+120GB
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

jamiropipi,

You're welcome. I'm glad it helped. And thank you for saying what it was that did. I haven't run into this issue as of yet, but if I do I'll now know how to fix it. 🙂
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jamiropipi wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:46 am Thanks Gabe,

The workaround posted by @ruiznacho works brilliantly for me, credits to him:

1 - open task scheduler
2 - view -> show hidden task
3 - In the task scheduler library, main folder disable "Intel PTT EK Recertification" task

Pier.
In Intel’s official reply, it was stated that this was related to BIOS. In fact, this problem was very common in 1909, but there were not many problems in the previous version, and it is expected to be resolved in the 2004 version. Thank you for your serious reply, so that this problem has been solved at present.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “Computer Technology Zone”