Nipogi Mini Pc blue light blinking

Anchamdu

Nipogi Mini Pc blue light blinking

Post by Anchamdu »

Hi, everyone! I have a problem with the front blue light of my Nipogi minipc. When I'm using the pc the light blinks, sometimes keeps on, sometimes it turns off...It's quite annoying because it's right in front of me. This started to happen for no reason whatsoever a couple of months ago. The pc works flawlessly, anyway. Any help would be much appreciated!

This is my pc:

https://www.amazon.es/NiPoGi-Sobremesa- ... _dp&psc=1
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Nipogi Mini Pc blue light blinking

Post by Gabe »

What I would check is its connection to the system board, especially if, when it blinks, it's erratic rather than a constant frequency of on and off.

If you're not familiar with taking this kind of unit apart, you can look at the following video. It's a manual procedure for resetting the BIOS, which you don't need to do, but it shows how to get inside the unit. You should be able to find the wire and connector fairly easily. Even if it is firmly plugged into the system board, it would probably be a good idea to reseat it, as in unplugging it and then plugging it back in. Just be careful, as you don't want to pull the wires out of the plug itself.

The video is for a different model (AK3), but its case is very similar, so the procedure for getting into the unit it is pretty much identical.

If this doesn't help, you could try resetting the BIOS from within the BIOS (not by the method in the video). Boot into the BIOS on startup by repeatedly pressing or pressing and holding the Del key just after you press the power button on the unit. Once you're in the BIOS, there should be some instructions on the right side of the main BIOS screen for resetting the values to default. It should indicate what F key to use. Do that, then Save the settings and Exit the BIOS, either by using the F Keys indicated for this, or using your right arrow to go to the last screen, then choosing Save and Exit there.

I don't know for sure how the light is controlled, but it may be some setting in the BIOS, so hopefully resetting the BIOS will solve it if reseating the plug on the system board doesn't.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Anchamdu

Post by Anchamdu »

Thanks for the answer and the video. I unplugged and plugged again the cable I assume controls the light, but it doesn't work. If I restore the bios, will I lose any information or important settings?

Edit: I noticed that the light doesn't blink and works fine when it goes red in suspension mode.
Last edited by Anchamdu on Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Anchamdu wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:04 pm If I restore the bios, will I lose any information or important settings?
The only thing that would change are any BIOS settings you had altered yourself from the stock settings. If you hadn't previously changed anything, then you won't see any difference (except with the light, hopefully).

If you did alter the settings in the BIOS, after resetting everything to default you can go back in and again change whatever settings you had changed before.

You won't lose any information or anything like that, as that's all in the SSD.

Edit: If this doesn't help either, I'd contact barry, a tech for the company, at barry@minipcunion.com. I don't know what he'll be able to do, but if it's still under warranty he may be able to come up with something. If it's not still under warranty, the only thing I could suggest is just disconnecting the light altogether, as it most definitely wouldn't be worth the cost of trying to have it fixed.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “N5105(GK3pro)”