windows 11 home?

AMD Ryzen™ 9 Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Graphics
xMrNicholas

windows 11 home?

Post by xMrNicholas »

Hi everyone, Im new to the mini pc world. I just purchased this computer from amazon (AM08 Pro) and it came with windows 11 home. I was under the impression it would have Pro. I tried contacting support and i got nothing. Did this happen to anyone else?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: windows 11 home?

Post by Gabe »

They're transitioning many of their models (perhaps all eventually) to Windows 11 Home. If the unit's description explicitly stated that it would have Windows 11 Pro, I would take a snapshot of the page with the description, then contact barry, a tech for the company, at barry@minipcunion.com. In the email I would include both the snapshot and your order number, and hopefully he'll be able to get you a W11 Pro product key to use.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
xMrNicholas

Post by xMrNicholas »

Gabe wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:46 pm They're transitioning many of their models (perhaps all eventually) to Windows 11 Home. If the unit's description explicitly stated that it would have Windows 11 Pro, I would take a snapshot of the page with the description, then contact barry, a tech for the company, at barry@minipcunion.com. In the email I would include both the snapshot and your order number, and hopefully he'll be able to get you a W11 Pro product key to use.
thank you!! i really only use the PC for internet and games, do i even need pro?? would there be any advantages of having pro?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

xMrNicholas wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:22 pm thank you!! i really only use the PC for internet and games, do i even need pro?? would there be any advantages of having pro?
You're quite welcome. 🙂

For your uses there probably wouldn't be any advantage of Pro over Home, but you never know what you might use it for in the future. It's really up to you.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “AMD Ryzen™ 9 6900HX(AM08PRO)”