dead AM06

AM06 PRO AMD Ryzen 4800U 5600U 5500U 5625U 5560U
garyv123

dead AM06

Post by garyv123 »

so a couple days ago my AM06pro 5800u just died poof.cant get any signs of life from it. Then i see this virus situation that sprung up with some of the mini pc that have been sold well about a week ago i had a trojan virus i thought i remedy it but idk if that eventually led to the pc dying? anyways i cant find where the sticker is for production date on this i emailed support two days ago and havent gotten a reply yet anybody have any thoughts on this?????
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: dead AM06

Post by Gabe »

The malware that was on the system was inactive and easily removed.

You can read about it on this ACEMAGIC website page.

Also, the AM06 Pro wasn't one of the models affected. If you found a trojan on your system, it didn't come from ACEMAGIC (the trojan, not the computer 🤪).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A few options regarding the issue you're having...

1. If you're not able to get into the BIOS in order to reset the settings to default, try reseting the CMOS. Take a look at the front and back of the unit to see if there is a reset hole. There may be a little microphone hole on the front, but that's not it. If there is a reset hole, with everything disconnected from the unit, including the power, use a paper clip or something similar to press and hold the button inside of it for at least ten to fifteen seconds. Then reconnect the power, a monitor, a keyboard and mouse and try starting the unit. Mine doesn't have the reset hole, but I believe some newer versions of the AM06 Pro do.

If there is no reset hole, the only way you can accomplish a CMOS reset is by taking the unit apart (the case screws are in the four rubber feet), disconnecting the CMOS battery cable from the system board, then shorting the two poles at the board connection for about ten to fifteen seconds with something metal. Here's a video for the process on a different model to give you an idea of what you need to short out...

2. If you're sure there was a trojan, it would definitely be a good idea to completely wipe the drive and reinstall the system, whether using USB Windows installation media to access the drive to delete all partitions and then reinstall the system, or if you have a USB adapter for an m.2 NVMe drive and another computer, after the other computer is running you could plug the adapter in, sort of like a flash drive, then access the drive that way to wipe it. Then you could put it back in the AM06 Pro and reinstall the system.

Also, and this is just a piece of advice, if you're relying solely on Windows Defender, you might want to consider an AV that would do a better job. Defender is a lot better than it used to be, but in comparison to most paid AVs it's still a bit lacking. With this said, if you're careful online and the trojan was just a freak occurrence, Defender's probably fine. Adding the free version of Malwarebytes for a manual scan every now and again is a good idea too.

Edit: I should have added that if you have no success, I would barry777 directly at barry@minipcunion.com and explain what happened and what you've tried so far. You probably already know this from his replies to you in the past, but he's a tech for the company.
These users thanked the author Gabe for the post (total 2):
barry777, garyv123
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
garyv123

Re: dead AM06

Post by garyv123 »

thanks for the response and info. So i did not mention that i had wiped pc and installed fresh OS and everything was fine after virus incident. I did what you sugested and tried resetting CMOs and all still nothing dead as doornail. I did PM Barry and i will work with him on trying to resolve the matter thank you

Return to “AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600U(AM06 AM07 &PRO Series)”