CK10 i7 2nd SSD not recognised

dkhermann

CK10 i7 2nd SSD not recognised

Post by dkhermann »

I just received my CK10 i7 and installed a Crucial 2tb in the 2nd m2 slot. Bios does not recognize the SSD. Loaded DiskGenius. DG does not see the drive. Windows Diskmanager does not recognize the drive. I have no clue as to what is happening. I need to have this drive so I can clone the original over and save it as my back up. Which I have done with my AMR5. Other than that issue, the CK10 is perfect for my mother. This is replacing her old i3 laptop.

Any help will be wlecome.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: CK10 i7 2nd SSD not recognised

Post by Gabe »

What type of drive is it? As far as I know, the inner slot of the CK10 supports both NVMe and SATA, but the outer, secondary slot supports only one type, only I don't know which type it is.

Conventional wisdom would suggest it's SATA only, but I'm not positive about that, so I've PMed barry777, a tech for the company, asking which it is. When I find out I'll update my reply.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
dkhermann

Post by dkhermann »

Correction it was not a Crucial but the following:
WD_BLACK 2TB SN850X NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280

I have it in the 2nd slot. Though I did notice the Sata connection port and the adapter. Maybe I should just get a Sata drive? This is for my mum. She uses quicken, MS office etc. and browsing. I just wanted here to have a nice faster computer than her old i3 laptop which was recently hacked.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Unfortunately, I haven't heard back from barry yet. It might actually be a good idea to reach out to him directly about the 2nd slot, at barry@minipcunion.com, letting him know what model you have and what drive you're trying to use on order to see if it's compatible. I did just look at the description of a CK10 on Amazon. "There is plenty of room for expanding the storage (three storage slots, each can handle up to 8TB) like 1 x NVMe + NGFF (SATA) (filled, can be replaced) / 1 x NGFF (SATA) (open) /1 x 2.5 SATA SSD (open)." From that description, it does sound like that second slot is SATA, but again, it'd be best to know for sure.

A 2.5" SSD is certainly a way you could go. Until looking, I didn't even know the CK10 had a 2.5" expansion option in addition to the two m.2 slots. Pretty neat.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
dkhermann

Post by dkhermann »

I've been doing more research. I might just order a specific M.2 SATA SSD. I can always use this SSD in another use case. Also, I did update all drivers when I first fired it up. I am wondering if that caused this issue. I did have a driver update issue with the AMR5 and had to roll back the display driver on that. So I will roll back drivers on this and see if that is the issue. I will let you know. If that doesn't work I'll ping Barry and report back as well.

Thanks Gabe for all your input!
barry777

Post by barry777 »

Pictures available for reference
000.jpeg
000.jpeg (1.65 MiB) Viewed 999 times
dkhermann

Post by dkhermann »

SOLVED. Thank you Barry! I switch the SSD's around and was able to clone the original 512GB drive over to the 2TB drive! Very happy with my purchase! Mom is very excited with it as well. She loves how fast it boots and apps loading!

Great job to AceMagic!

Return to “i5-8279U/i7-10810U/i7-10710U/i7-11390H/i5-12450H (CK10- series)”