Accidentally hitting the power switch on your AM06 Pro?

AM06 PRO AMD Ryzen 4800U 5600U 5500U 5625U 5560U
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Accidentally hitting the power switch on your AM06 Pro?

Post by Gabe »

As you know, the AM06 Pro has the power button on the top, front left corner of the unit. While it looks nice and all, if you often utilize those front USB ports, or you need to connect or disconnect something at the back, you might find yourself accidentally hitting that power button with your other hand while steadying the unit while doing those things, and then either putting the unit to sleep or shutting it down when you didn't mean to. I do it all the time with this, as I'm often switching the peripherals back and forth between this unit and my M1 Mac Mini.

I'd been thinking for a long time how to fix the problem. Make the button harder to push somehow by altering it inside the unit? Disconnect the switch and mod the unit, adding a 'regular' push button one on one of the sides? Intimidating it with a forceful, angry looking stare? (just kidding with that last one 😁)

Now I feel a bit stupid. In all the time I've been racking my brain I'd never thought of this...

P1.png
P1.png (39.72 KiB) Viewed 548 times

The really crazy part is that I always adjust those settings as a part of my initial setup after a clean install of Windows, and with having a dozen mini PCs and doing a clean install with every one of them as a matter of course, both after initial setup and every time a new version of Windows 11 is released, you know I've done it quite a bit. I always set the power button to shut the unit down when pressed. Why I didn't remember this setting I can't say. Just one of those "Duh!" moments. Seriously! I've been thinking about how to fix this problem for months! 🤣🤣🤣

So, for anyone else with one of these that is having a similar problem, that's how to resolve it.
These users thanked the author Gabe for the post:
garyv123
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Re: Accidentally hitting the power switch on your AM06 Pro?

Post by barry777 »

This is great advice!

Return to “AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600U(AM06 AM07 &PRO Series)”