Home or Pro?

Intel® Core™ i5-12450H Processor 12M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz
darinp91

Home or Pro?

Post by darinp91 »

I have the i5-12450H model and it had windows home when arrived. Reimaged with the new OS image from 22/2/2024 but didn't realize it was Windows 11 Pro, (I know it said so in the name, duh!! ah well... :roll: ). Is there a Home image available please? I have activated Pro for 180 days trial so it's all working fine apart from that. Cheers.... :lol:
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Home or Pro?

Post by Gabe »

darinp91,

You'll likely get a reply from either the admin or, more likely, barry777 within the next day or two. Barry is a tech for the company. However, if you don't get a reply, you can contact barry directly at barry@minipcunion.com.

Also, and this is just an option, if you know how to find the Product Key on your system, so you have it for that 'just in case' scenario, and you know how to perform a clean install of Windows 11 using USB installation media created with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, you can do that too. In this case you'd need to install the drivers afterward, but you can get them here.

Normally the installation will pick up the Product Key from the BIOS, but having it in the event that it doesn't is a good idea. This site gives clear instructions for how to find your Product Key. I usually use the first method (Command Prompt).
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Re: Home or Pro?

Post by barry777 »

darinp91 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:06 am I have the i5-12450H model and it had windows home when arrived. Reimaged with the new OS image from 22/2/2024 but didn't realize it was Windows 11 Pro, (I know it said so in the name, duh!! ah well... :roll: ). Is there a Home image available please? I have activated Pro for 180 days trial so it's all working fine apart from that. Cheers.... :lol:
Thank you for contacting us, we are happy to provide support. As we currently have very little information, we look forward to sharing more details with you via email.
(Please provide your Amazon purchase order number and send it to email: barry@minipcunion.com)

Return to “i5-12450H & i7 11800H(AD15)”