ACEMAGIC Mini PC virus incident

Come here to find solutions to difficult problems!
barry777

ACEMAGIC Mini PC virus incident

Post by barry777 »

NEW YORK- February 20, 2024– ACEMAGIC, a leading provider of innovative mini PC solutions, has proactively addressed an isolated virus incident affecting a specific batch of mini PCs. The
incident was identified through Windows Defender, detecting the presence of the Bladabindi
and Redline malware families in the ENDEV folder. As a result, several consumers across the
United States and Europe reported similar concerns, prompting a thorough investigation into
the root causes and swift implementation of corrective measures.

Upon meticulous examination, it was revealed that our software developers, in an effort to
enhance user experience by reducing initial boot time, made adjustments to the Microsoft
source code, including network settings, without obtaining software digital signatures (A digital
signature is an electronic, encrypted, stamp of authentication on digital information such as
email messages, macros, or electronic documents. A signature confirms that the information
originated from the signer and has not been altered), and the RGB lighting control software was
also without one. This oversight led to isolated reports of virus-infected mini PCs manufactured
before November 18, 2023.

**Comprehensive Solutions Implemented:**

In response to this incident, ACEMAGIC has established a three-pronged approach to address
consumer concerns and mitigate the impact of the virus incident:

1. **Return Policy:** Customers who have been affected by this incident are encouraged to verify the production
date of their mini PCs, retrieved from the bottom sticker of the device. ACEMAGIC will cover
return shipping costs and issue full refunds to customers choosing to return affected products.

2. **Product Retention Policy:** As the detected files do not pose inherent risks, customers retain the choice of deleting the
files or opting for a clean installation of the operating system. ACEMAGIC will provide the
necessary operating system and detailed instructions. Additionally, affected customers opting to
retain their products will receive compensation of up to 25% of the original order price.

3. **Exchange Service:**

While replacement products manufactured before November 2023 cannot be guaranteed due
to stock limitations, ACEMAGIC is committed to assisting customers to the best of our ability
with the exchange process, ensuring their rights are safeguarded.

**Additional Compensation:**

As a token of gratitude for understanding and support, affected customers will receive a
minimum 10% brand discount after verification, applicable for the purchase of our entire new
product range.

**Proactive Safety Measures for the Future:**

ACEMAGIC recognizes the necessity of enhancing security practices to prevent a future
recurrence of similar incidents. ACEMAGIC is implementing the following measures:

- Strengthening digital signature authentication for all released software and systems to ensure
their source and integrity, thus preventing unauthorized modifications or tampering.

- Instituting comprehensive security reviews and audits for all product source code and
modifications to ensure that similar performance optimization adjustments do not pose
potential security risks to systems and end-users.

- Establishing a robust product lifecycle management system that includes pre-market, post- market, and end-user security monitoring and management, as well as timely security
vulnerability fixes and updates.

- Providing prompt security updates and patches to respond to security incidents, promptly
addressing identified security risks and vulnerabilities to ensure that users' products remain in a
secure state.

In addition, ACEMAGIC is strengthening its internal computer virus protection management
regulations to minimize future risks, ensuring strict control over the use of removable storage
devices, prohibiting the use of unauthorized software, and implementing regular virus checks in
susceptible information systems.

**Noting Our Commitment:**

ACEMAGIC deeply regrets the disruption caused by this incident and remains dedicated to
offering the highest standard of customer service to uphold trust and satisfaction. Our customer
service team is available to assist with any inquiries and provide further support.

ACEMAGIC has made the exclusive clean system installation download easily accessible through
itsofficial website.offering clear instructions for ACEMAGIC mini PC owners to download and
install the update. Furthermore, dedicated customer support is on hand to provide assistance
and guidance for any inquiries regarding the installation of a fresh, clean system.

For further inquiries or feedback, please contact the ACEMAGIC customer support team at
service@acemagic.com

To access installation of the clean system, ACEMAGIC mini PC owners are encouraged to visit:
System download link

ACEMAGIC Social Media:

Instagram
Facebook
YouTube
X
Tiktok

For more information, please refer to the Windows Defender scan results and screenshots of
Chinese and English digital certificates provided:
70E26A4C-537D-4d30-93F8-5655A8E03614.png
70E26A4C-537D-4d30-93F8-5655A8E03614.png (407.57 KiB) Viewed 1413 times
5BBAE0E9-C49C-4fba-8CFE-B5422BAF302B.png
5BBAE0E9-C49C-4fba-8CFE-B5422BAF302B.png (333.84 KiB) Viewed 1413 times
fuelrod

Re: ACEMAGIC Mini PC virus incident

Post by fuelrod »

Couple questions:
  • Does this affect all AceMagic PC models or just some models?
  • Can you explain what exactly the ENDEV.EXE application does or is suppose to do?
  • If we opt to just deleted the files of concern, is the ENDEV.EXE file the only one that need to be deleted?
  • Can you show and example of what to look for on the bottom sticker and how to read the date code? I'm looking at the bottom sticker on my AMR5 and I don't really see anything that resembles a date.
barry777

Post by barry777 »

fuelrod wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:18 am Couple questions:
  • Does this affect all AceMagic PC models or just some models?
  • Can you explain what exactly the ENDEV.EXE application does or is suppose to do?
  • If we opt to just deleted the files of concern, is the ENDEV.EXE file the only one that need to be deleted?
  • Can you show and example of what to look for on the bottom sticker and how to read the date code? I'm looking at the bottom sticker on my AMR5 and I don't really see anything that resembles a date.
1.We are pleased to inform you that our S1 & AMR5 system has a new update. If you encounter any abnormalities with other models during use, we warmly welcome you to send detailed information to our email: barry@minipcunion.com. Once we receive your information and verify the situation, we will assist you in resolving the issue as soon as possible.
2.Regarding the 【ENDEV.EXE】 application, its main purpose is to speed up account registration when the machine is first turned on.
3.Currently, 【ENDEV.EXE】 has been signed, and no abnormalities have been found after inspection. If you feel it is necessary, you can safely delete this program, which will not have any other impact on your system.
4.In addition, we provide a simple method to identify the production date of the machine label. On the label, the numbers from the third to the eighth positions represent the production date. For example, if the number on the label is P0231005, then the production date is October 5, 2023.

We hope this information is helpful to you. If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Our team is always ready to provide you with support. Thank you again for choosing our products, we look forward to providing you with better service.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

AMR5 - C1090020202204100048

Is this April 10, 2022? For reference, the sticker in my AMR5 is underneath underneath the m.2 drive, so I had to remove that to see it.

-------------------------------------

S1 - C13006XA020230808133

Is this August 8, 2023?

I did clean installs of Windows on both of these using Microsoft's Media Creation Tool created installation media, as I do for all of my new PCs. However, for the couple of hours I used each before doing the clean installs, Defender never flagged anything. Even the LCD Panel program on the S1 that some people were seeing Defender flag wasn't flagged on mine.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Computer Technology Zone”