Windows setup

Quick Start Guide and Video Instructions.
willward

Windows setup

Post by willward »

In the middle of Windows 10 setup, after unit has connected to wifi, the install hangs up on the screen "Create a PIN" . Just blue screen and moving circle.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Windows setup

Post by Gabe »

Try turning off your WiFi source to see if it forces the unit to abandon the PIN Setup. If it doesn't, you'll likely need to force a shutdown and restart the unit, which on startup will pick up where it left off, but be sure to leave the WiFi off so it doesn't try the PIN thing again. You can set up a PIN later if you need to. After setup you can connect to the WiFi to download any updates and whatnot. Actually, you can probably turn the WiFi source back on once you're past the PIN setup screen.

The only thing is, I don't know how to force a shutdown with a T11, including during setup (I'm not an ACEPC employee). You can try CTRL-ALT-DEL. Or, you can try holding the power button in on the unit for at least five seconds. It's even possible that being in startup, it may just need to be pressed. Once it's off, wait a couple of seconds and then press the button to start it again. Again, it should pick up where it left off, but hopefully one step past that PIN setup.

If, in the end, it comes down to needing to again perform a reinstall, which I doubt will be the case, make sure to skip setting up the WiFi during setup and only connect to it after setup is complete.

Hope this helps. 🙂
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Directions”