SOLVED: Video issues after install 64GB ram

Come here to find solutions to difficult problems!
dkhermann

SOLVED: Video issues after install 64GB ram

Post by dkhermann »

Greetings.
I have an AMR5. Been working great so far. Installed a 4GB SSD with no issues and cloned the original SSD. Everything has been working great.
Except for today. I just received my CRUCIAL DDR4 64gb Ram and installed it. After installing I checked the bios and it sees the ram.

Booting up the windows logo starts then disappears. A black screen comes up. THen a bunch of pixelation. Tried rebooting. Tried shutting down and reseating the ram. No good. Replacing ram with original 16gb and reboot every works great.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: After perusing the board a lot more I found the article about Drivers. When I initially set things up I installed CCleaner then updated the drivers. Everything was working great! Then after installing the Crucial 64gb ram I ran into the above issue. So, reverted back to the 16gb memory and rebooted. Back to normal. Ran CCleaner and reverted the video driver back to the original. Reinstalled the 64gb ram and rebooted. SUCCESS!

Hopefully once I get my RTX 3060 video card this won't be an issue. I'll post pics after the final setup is done.
Attachments
pixelation screenshot
pixelation screenshot
Screenshot 2024-02-09 163143.png (501.08 KiB) Viewed 331 times
BIOS Screenshot
BIOS Screenshot
2024-02-09_16-20-16_804.jpg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 331 times

Return to “Computer Technology Zone”