Full platform TFT Screen Tool

mini PC with display!
abubin

Re: Full platform TFT Screen Tool

Post by abubin »

nov30th wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:55 am
ToniDolphin wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:46 am Oh, it depends on proxmox?
yes, it shows the status of local proxmox VMs, the first testing version is showing Linux/Windows/Mac of local resources.

download version 0.0.2 and let me know which feature you guys need, and I will add it to the program.

I will release a version later in my free time that will have the restful port in the program so you guys can put customized info on the screen.
First of all, thank you for making this tool!! It is one of the most requested feature of S1. Linux support for the TFT screen.
Please add the usual monitoring into the screen - CPU usage, CPU temp, mem load, cpu watt, clock. Basically what's shown in the official Windows screen would be best.

Thank you again!
raffaele.vall

Post by raffaele.vall »

Great tool, would like to try it.
Forgive my ignorance but how do I install it on proxmox?
Thank you
chafca

Post by chafca »

Déjà bravo pour votre programme car c'est du beau travail.
Sinon dans ce contexte (linux, proxmox, etc...) open source pour lequel vous avez développé votre programme.
Je ne comprends pas votre logique de ne pas rendre le code open source.
Un code développé par un tiers (sans aucune structure d'entreprise derrière) est toujours une faille de sécurité. Pour cette raison je n'installerais pas ce programme sur mon homeserver et je vous encourage tous à faire de même ne risquez pas votre sécurité pour un petit affichage.
nov30th

Post by nov30th »

@gachi
ubuntu 22.04

@the thing
I was plannling to put the standalone version into a famous tft open source project but currently I'm use pve version which the standalone is a funcational testing version on my own, I may update it once I got the a lot of free time and then you will have many options and a lot of perfect skins/themes with open source project. I believe there is someone doing the same which same as standalone version, so currently it won't be update soon that if someone released the tool in linux in about a month, I will stop update my standalone version.

@chafca
As the program is made for my own use at the beginning, and the private repo contains all the testing info including my pve pass and other mass files, I will open source once I cleaned my private repo with clean file structure, readme file, also with prefect standalone version released.
I am currently very busy with my work, so I need to have a lot of time to organize the code and complete the standalone version at my free time, and then open source the source code. However, please note that this is a program that I share for personal use, not an open source project currently. And I can tell there is just the funcations you see, no info collection or any public connections (except the connection status with google.com and apple.com for Internet connection status).

@raffaele.vall
download the latest pve release 7zip file, and unzip it into a folder in pve, chmod +x core.bin, modify the config.json, ./core.bin, then it works.
As it is a green-version/portable execute file, if you need to make it as startup items, you can put it into systemctl.
such as
(.venv) root@pvenb:~/test_tft_screen# cat /etc/systemd/system/tft-screen.service
[Unit]
Description=Core Binary Service
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/root/test_tft_screen/core.bin
WorkingDirectory=/root/test_tft_screen
Restart=always
User=root
Group=root

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

And put the files into /root/test_tft_screen without folder 'release_files'
These users thanked the author nov30th for the post:
raffaele.vall
ewas

Post by ewas »

thanks for the good work. I have a few questions. The clock found a strange time. I don't even understand what part of the world it is. Bios is timed correctly, Proxmox too. Another question is how to change the background image. Your picture is too variegated, the information is difficult to see, it could be e.g. gray, or the possibility of changing according to the design itself.

Return to “New Model S1”