Pc stuck booting to bios

AM06 PRO AMD Ryzen 4800U 5600U 5500U 5625U 5560U
ibash

Pc stuck booting to bios

Post by ibash »

When visiting my in-laws I replaced their old computer with an AM07 and transferred all the data.

Everything worked, but now less than a month later their pc is stuck booting to the bios.

They’re in another country, don’t speak English, are not computer people, and live fairly remote so I can only provide support over video calls with simple instructions.

This is probably the worst possible scenario.

1. How can we back up the data on the pc?
2. Are there things they can try that are very simple instructions? Just getting them to navigate the bios is a pain, so no chance of any complex solutions.
3. I only visit them once a year max… so the next time I’ll be able to help in person is next year. What can we do until then?
ibash

Re: Pc stuck booting to bios

Post by ibash »

Oh, I do have rdp installed and configured, so if they can get past the bios and into windows I could run a backup remotely. Any ideas?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

The first thing I would have them try is resetting the BIOS to default settings. If nothing's been changed, it may not help, but it's a fairly easy thing to do, so it's worth a try. I don't have an AM07 to go by, but I believe the keys to use once in the BIOS are F3 to restore the defaults, then F4 to Save and Exit.

If that doesn't help, I'd recommend trying to reseat the storage, but being that they're not computer savvy, that's probably not possible, especially since the unit would have to be somewhat disassembled.

The next step I'd recommend is to try reinstalling the system. This will wipe out any data on the drive, so if there's a way to get any needed data off the drive first, it'd be best to do that, though I have no clue how that can be done without being in Windows.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
ibash

Post by ibash »

Thanks I’ll walk them through resetting the bios over the weekend.

Can’t we tell if storage is properly connected via the bios? Does anyone have a screenshot of what the regular bios did boot screen is?

I am sure they wouldn’t be able to reseat storage or do a system install.

I could have them ship the pc to me, but looks like that’s $99 one way, $200 round trip. Which would be 50% of the cost…

If resetting the bios doesn’t work who should I contact at acemagic?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

ibash,

You can have them look in the Boot section of the BIOS to see if anything shows in "Boot Option #1", like in the following...

1.png
1.png (1.48 MiB) Viewed 1624 times

It won't look exactly like that, as I've changed the drive in my AM06 Pro, but it should show something if the drive is being detected. If nothing's showing, they can move down to that "Boot Option #1" using the arrow keys and press Enter to see if the popup shows them the drive. If it does, they can select it, then press F4 to Save and Exit the BIOS.

You can contact barry directly at barry@minipcunion.com. He's a tech for the company.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
ibash

Post by ibash »

Thanks! Will take a look this weekend. Opted to do an amazon defective item return since there's no point in spending more money to get it repaired.

Now the biggest concern is if there's a way to ensure the hard drive is formatted, amazon customer support says they do, but who knows what really happens to it...
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

I don't blame you for wanting to send it back, especially given the situation.
rl2000

Post by rl2000 »

Your situation may be different but when this happened to me it turned out the NVME SSD crashed/malfunctioned and the computer was not able to boot from it.
barry777

Post by barry777 »

1. Reference: How to fix booting into BIOS directly

2. Create and enter the PE system, click this computer under the PE system to find data backup;
PE file:

https://mega.nz/file/gn0mkSTT#FXZUx9m6c ... PQS1S9q5Yk

Tutorial on installing PE system:

3. Remove the built-in SSD and install it on another PC to read and backup it.

Return to “AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600U(AM06 AM07 &PRO Series)”