Disable RGB?

Performance monster with NVIDIA RTX 3080M!
Foxer9

Disable RGB?

Post by Foxer9 »

The RGB is incredibly distracting while working. I can turn it off using the app, but a reboot makes it forget the settings and I need to change it every time. Is there a way to have it maintain those settings? Also, I usually have my computer go into standby mode instead of powering it off, and that makes the RGB bright and moving, with no way that I've found to turn it off. I've been hiding the computer under something at night, because the RGB is so bright, it's impossible to sleep in the same room. Is there anyway, software or other, to completely disable to RGB? Thanks in advance.
barry777

Re: Disable RGB?

Post by barry777 »

Thank you for your feedback, we have received your information. The current design indeed restores to default settings after a restart. If we have any updates or improvements in the future, we will immediately release the latest version. We value your feedback and will strive to provide a better user experience. Thank you again for your understanding and support.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Foxer9,

Though I don't have a Tank 03, so I can't try it myself, is there a way you can set up a task through the Task Scheduler to have the RGB start the way you want, or at least immediately change to your preferred setting on Startup? I know it's a lot more complicated than just starting or stopping a program or app, but I wonder if there's a way it can be done.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Foxer9

Post by Foxer9 »

Gabe wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:48 am is there a way you can set up a task through the Task Scheduler to have the RGB start the way you want, or at least immediately change to your preferred setting on Startup?
Thanks for the suggestion, however you need to go into the app and click an icon in the GUI to shut off the RGB at every boot. I can't find any flags that work with it on startup, otherwise I would do that. I'm not sure how I would do what you're suggesting through Task Scheduler. If I could at least do that, I would just power down the computer instead of going to standby to avoid the bright, oscillating RGB when it's in standby that can't be controlled through the app. I am now hiding the computer to avoid the distracting RGB, which defeats the purpose of buying such a small, cool-looking computer. I can't be the only one who is sick of RGB on everything, right? I mean, I loved it when I was 14, but when I need to actually do work on the computer, it's annoying as all hell. It's actually making me regret my purchase.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

I wonder if there's a way the lighting can just be disconnected. With the AMR5 there are two plugs that you can disconnect from the motherboard to disable the lighting on either side, though the dial itself and the top are still lit (I think there's a way that can be disconnected to).

I have no clue how to get into a Tank 03 though.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Intel® i9-12900H/12700H(TANK 03 M1A )”