Davinci Resolve

Performance monster with NVIDIA RTX 3080M!
camgee

Davinci Resolve

Post by camgee »

Alright, I love everything about this computer except that it refuses to run Davinci Resolve Studio well at all. I have tried adjusting settings. I get serious stutter in just playback with no effects added. I'm using SSD media that should easily be fast enough. The only thing I can think of that would be causing the performance to be this bad is the proprietary driver for the GPU. It's sad cause I really wanna love this computer but I primarily got it so I could edit videos more easily.

Any suggestions before I return the unit?

Chad
Mordred

Re: Davinci Resolve

Post by Mordred »

Search for frankendriver in GitHub. It is an utility to use latest drivers in customs GPUs.
camgee

Post by camgee »

Will give it a try. I did update the intel driver and it made it much faster but consequently it has led to numerous crashes. So we wil see. It still didn't make it equal in performance to the non gpu Kamrui I have.
camgee

Post by camgee »

Installed and seems to be working.... I was typing that right as the computer crashed. Maybe a reboot will clean things up.
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

I suggest you to use ddu (display driver uninstall) to clean the drivers before install a new one.

It is the standard procedure to do this type of things.
camgee

Post by camgee »

Of interest, If I totally disable the gpu I get very good performance overall in Davinci Resolve. However, the gpu should make it much stronger performance so I will likely have to return and seek out another computer option.
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

camgee wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:25 pm Of interest, If I totally disable the gpu I get very good performance overall in Davinci Resolve. However, the gpu should make it much stronger performance so I will likely have to return and seek out another computer option.
How is now the GPU with the updated driver?

Return to “Intel® i9-12900H/12700H(TANK 03 M1A )”