AM02/Pro deep bottom and sata cable?

AMD Athlon 300U/Ryzen™ 3300U/3500U/3700U/3750H/5700U
Alkbottle

AM02/Pro deep bottom and sata cable?

Post by Alkbottle »

Hi;

Anyone knows if the AM03 base plate, deep bottom and sata+power cable is sold seperately?

I ask because I got an AM02Pro, a nice device, but I would like to add that second Sata SSD which the AM03 is capable of and has space for.

Is a 3d model available for the bottom?
I would 3d print it.

Leaves only the sata+power cable.
That would be nice to puchase, otherwise I can make one myself.

Best regards Alkbottle
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AM02/Pro deep bottom and sata cable?

Post by Gabe »

Not by the company.

Perhaps someone has modded or created an AM02 case that can do so, but it would be completely 3rd party.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Post by barry777 »

Due to limited internal space, AM02/AM02 Pro does not support expansion of 2.5-inch SSD
Alkbottle

Post by Alkbottle »

So, did some research.

The AM02/Pro is based on the AM03, which in turn is a (HYSTOU, VENOEN, WEIDAN, M6) AMD 3750H based mini pc.
They all share the same mainboard HDF520007-P01, the layout of the AM02/PRO in this regard is VERY similar.

Okay, why is that important? The AM03 has the SATA port and a 5 pin JST 1.25mm molex picoblade connector which provides 5V and GND.
The AM02/Pro has the same SATA port but the base plate covers the 5 pin JST 1.25mm molex picoblade board to wire socket, it is there just covered.
Here a picture of the AM03:
AM03 Mainboard base shot

Here a picture of the AM02/Pro:
AM02/Pro Mainboard base shot

Notice in the AM02/Pro mainboard base shot the tiny beige connector in the left bottom corner? That's the 5 pin JST 1.25mm socket.
I did disassemble the machine (warning ribbon cable connecting mobo and front IO) and cut the plastic away covering the socket, I did some multimeter magic while the machine was powered on.

The pin out is as following with respective alignment:
[NVME] slot on top
[SATA] facing left side
[ I I . I I ] sata power facing left side
GND GND NC +5V +5V
[RAM] facing viewer

Here a picture of my DIY cable from scraps of several older machines. The Sata power connector was used as a donor.
FYI it is a COMAX model with the top plate removed for DIY soldering prior to assembly.
Crimped power cable JST 1.25mm
In theory something like the DELOCK 85336 power cable should work when recrimped to the JST 1.25mm 5pin connector.

The SATA port is special in that regard, that you will need an angled cable facing away from the alingment notch, like this one from LINDY Art.-Nr. 33350 :
Angled SATA cable

Next step is to model a base with the footprint of the AM02/Pro and the frame of a 2,5" sata ssd.
I will model that base, probably a bit deeper than the original base of an AM03 to provide more airflow and comfortable wire routing, once I have a prototype I will post that STL file for whoever wants to embed a 2,5" sata ssd into his AM02/Pro.

Return to “AMD Ryzen™ 7 3750H(AM02/PRO)”