AK1Plus NVMe upgrade? + Clone drive for OS?

Intel® Processor N95 6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz
k7trk

AK1Plus NVMe upgrade? + Clone drive for OS?

Post by k7trk »

Hi Kids, I was under the assumption that I could upgrade/change the internal NVMe drive. If correct, is there a video or ??? that shows how to access the drive ? (already added ssd drive in the bottom compartment ) I don't see anyway to access the chassis !!

if this is possible, i plan to clone a Win11 desk C drive to the new NVMe and fire it up....is this possible??

thanks for any help,

Ted
K7TRK
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AK1Plus NVMe upgrade? + Clone drive for OS?

Post by Gabe »

After you detach the bottom 2.5" drive carriage the screws are under the foot pads of the main unit. The following is a video for how to disassemble that style of case to get to the drive. The drive type in the video is different for what you have, as the video is for an older model, but at least you'll be able to see how to get into it...

You have three options regarding the OS...

1. You can clone the current drive if you have a USB adapter for the new drive.

2. You can save a system image from the current installation and then use that to image the new drive once it's installed.

3. You can use the following to install the system on the new drive after it's installed in the unit...

Windows 11 Pro 22H2 (includes drivers) for the AK1 Plus...

Installation instructions...

As always, remember to save any important files from the current install for that 'just in case' scenario.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Intel® Processor N95(AD03/AK1PLUS/GK3PLUS/T8PLUS)”