AK1PLUS CPU Cooling Fan/Blower Noisy

Intel® Processor N95 6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz
Phaark

AK1PLUS CPU Cooling Fan/Blower Noisy

Post by Phaark »

My cpu cooling fan/blower is making a lot of rattling noises. Anybody else have a noisy fan on AK1PLUS?
I want to replace it but can only find blower fans with 2 wire replacements.
Where can I get replacement cooling fans please?
Attachments
Wires.jpg
Wires.jpg (2.35 MiB) Viewed 1804 times
Fan.jpg
Fan.jpg (3.04 MiB) Viewed 1804 times
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AK1PLUS CPU Cooling Fan/Blower Noisy

Post by Gabe »

You should contact barry directly. He's a tech for the company. He'll very likely ask for a video, with audio, of the fan issue, so if you can record one to provide to him I would.

For the video, it'd probably be easier to upload it to something like Dropbox or Google Drive, then include the link to it in the email. Make sure to make the link shareable so that he'll be able to view it using that link, especially if you're using Google Drive.

You can contact him at barry@minipcunion.com.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Post by barry777 »

Phaark wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:24 am My cpu cooling fan/blower is making a lot of rattling noises. Anybody else have a noisy fan on AK1PLUS?
I want to replace it but can only find blower fans with 2 wire replacements.
Where can I get replacement cooling fans please?
Since we currently have very little information, please provide your video of the failure and Amazon order number to barry@minipcunion.com; we look forward to sharing more details with you via email.
Phaark

Post by Phaark »

Email on its way!! Thanks for looking at this, much appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve
Phaark

Post by Phaark »

An update. My original post was to ask if anyone knew where I could get a replacement for my noisy fan. Nobody from this forum was able to provide information or a link etc to where I could get one. Anyway I knew it was cactus, knew I needed a replacement and even though the PC was only 6months old, was prepared to purchase one and get it sorted. I was advised to send a video with audio to Barry along with proof of purchase. I assumed he would confirm the diagnosis and then assist some way with the replacement. With hindsight I suppose I should have asked that question rather than assumed it. After confirming that the fan had most likely failed and that I had purchased the PC through AliExpress, Barry advised that I should contact the Seller and follow up the issue with them. Barry, if you are reading this, would you have been able to assist/liase with the manufacturer for a replacement fan if I had purchased the PC via Amazon? or would you have suggested again that I contact the Amazon Seller and try to get it sorted that way? Further, after contacting the Aliexpress Seller, they advised it was a holiday period and to contact them after the holiday...I gave it a couple of days after the holiday, no message from the Seller so sent another message to try and kick it off again. Fresh video with Audio and purchase info etc. After a couple of days the Seller replied that they would get in touch with the manufacturer. Sounds promising!! Couple more days and the Seller messaged me to purchase an item in the message for 1 dollar and they would ship me a fan. Dont know why I had to pay, should be warranty, but hey its only a dollar and I had been prepared to buy a new one myself anyway. Waiting, waiting, waiting....Oh no, tracking shows it was returned to sender!!! Message the seller and they said dont worry they will try again. waited a couple of weeks, message the Seller for progress, and now they have 2 returned fans!! So now the new plan was to cancel the order for the fan and purchase some other item for $8 this time. Anyway I lost it and told them to send the 2 fans they currently have via normal post not AliExpress purchase/swap item shenanigans. I cant use the PC, it is still less than 12 months old so is still under warranty, looks like I'm not going to get a replacement fan and cant buy one myself. i cant process a refund on the PC, AliExpress wont do it. Done my money..... I have bought several of these for family and friends. So you can imagine that I am just waiting for them to start failing as well. This PC was advertised as able to run at up to 3.4Ghz but is underclocked to 2.7Ghz maximum. I suspect this is due to the CPU cooling system not being able to handle the higher temp generated by the higher CPU speed. My tip? if you just need a cheap Intel MiniPC for web browsing, watching videos and movies etc DONT TOUCH THIS ONE. They should refund everyone who bought one.
barry777

Post by barry777 »

1. Verified that your order was not purchased in our store.
2. If purchased in our store, we provide a one-year warranty.

Return to “Intel® Processor N95(AD03/AK1PLUS/GK3PLUS/T8PLUS)”