Dual Ethernet ports again

mini PC with display!
jimazores

Dual Ethernet ports again

Post by jimazores »

Still learning how to use the forum so apologies in advance but I think I have to open as a new topic.
does the output of the second port equal the input to the first_ie if I ran a cable from the second port to my tv input would the tv see the same thing as if I had run the cable to the tv directly from the router? I never got a response to this question so let me explain a bit better.
I am going to use the S1 as a media computer to replace a ten year old, slow machine. At present my router sits about 2 meters from the computer and smart tv. I therefore have two ethernet cables from the router, one going to the present computer and one going to the samart tv ethernet input.

As this new computer will sit right next to the tv and it has two ethernet ports, can I run one cable from the router to the S1 and then a short cable from the S1 to the tv thernet input?? ie will the smart tv get the same input if the cable copmes from the S1 as it would if the cable came from the router?? If so, it would help clean up my cable runs.
TVHD

Re: Dual Ethernet ports again

Post by TVHD »

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-a ... ge-windows
Understanding of "How to create a Network Bridge in Windows 11/10" might be helpful.
jimazores

Re: Dual Ethernet ports again

Post by jimazores »

thank you, iread it and will read it again to make sure i understand it. A good lead....

Return to “New Model S1”