Restarted in 800x600 mode

AMD Ryzen 5 5600U/5800U
Perception

Restarted in 800x600 mode

Post by Perception »

My minipc restarted in 800x600 mode and its now stuck there. I cant use a 2nd display like i had it before and now Im unable to figure it out.

Any suggestions?

I have read that it could be a driver issue. But im not sure why it just restarted in this mode?

"A D3D11-compatible GPU (Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0) is required to run the engine."

I receive this error when trying to run a game that I had previously ran before this weird restart.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Restarted in 800x600 mode

Post by Gabe »

The first thing I'd do is go into the BIOS and see if reseting everything to the default values has any positive effect. Once you're in the BIOS I think it's F3 to load the default values, then F4 to Save and Exit. You should be able to see the options listed on the right hand side, just in case I'm wrong about those F keys.

If that doesn't help, I'd check if the display driver recently updated via Windows Update. If it did, I'd try rolling it back to see if that fixes the issue(s).

Ultimately, if neither of those things work or are applicable, you could try reinstalling the system, especially since something seems to be going on with sleep as well. You can get the most recent system here. If you do end up doing this, make sure to save any important files to an external source or the cloud first.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

Perception wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:53 am My minipc restarted in 800x600 mode and its now stuck there. I cant use a 2nd display like i had it before and now Im unable to figure it out.

Any suggestions?

I have read that it could be a driver issue. But im not sure why it just restarted in this mode?

"A D3D11-compatible GPU (Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0) is required to run the engine."

I receive this error when trying to run a game that I had previously ran before this weird restart.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

It is a problem with your graphics drivers, you need to update to the latest version or uninstall the driver an install again. I recommend you to use displaydriveruninstall in secure mode. I suspect that you are running with the generic driver provided by windows.
barry777

Post by barry777 »

In this case, we recommend you try the following:
1. If the problem occurs after recent Windows updates, it is recommended that you uninstall the recent Windows updates, refer to:

2. Uninstall the graphics card driver, restart and then reinstall it. Download link (requires online installation):

3. If the above steps are still ineffective, it is recommended that you back up all data and then reinstall the system.

Return to “AMD Ryzen™5 5600U(AMR5) 5800U”