Computer wont boot up after updating drivers

Intel® Core™ i5-12450H Processor 12M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz
MisterTea86

Computer wont boot up after updating drivers

Post by MisterTea86 »

I updated my drivers this morning using DriverEasy. I was prompted to restart the computer in order to complete the installation, and now the computer will not start. It just hangs on the AMI boot-up screen. If I could get into Windows, I could reverse the installation, but at this point, I don't see how I can get in. Can anyone help?

UPDATE: I managed to get Windows to perform a repair upon boot up. I pressed F12 at the AMI screen; not sure if that did it or not? Either way, I was able to revert back.

I now see there are drivers available here in the forums. I'll use those.
Last edited by MisterTea86 on Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Computer wont boot up after updating drivers

Post by Gabe »

I'd recommend reinstalling the system. Unfortunately, they don't yet have one listed for the AD15 (I'll PM barry about that), but they do have the drivers listed. So, if you want to try reinstalling Windows using regular installation media, like that which you can make using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool, you can do so, then download the drivers here if you need them (you'll likely need a few).

Or you can wait until they do post a system for the AD15 and use that for the reinstallation. It will include the drivers, so you won't need to install them separately.

For reference, though 3rd party driver programs can be helpful in finding a driver for a specific device when you're having trouble doing so, they're usually not a good idea to use for the entire system, as many of these mini PCs have drivers that are specifically tailored for the unit, and the 3rd party programs may install drivers that won't work properly and/or cause problems. With this said, updating drivers via Windows Update tends to be okay, for the most part.

I'll send barry a PM about the system for the AD15 now. It will likely be hours before he sees it, as he's located in China, where it's presently the middle of the night.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Post by barry777 »

AD15 (i7-11800H) (i5-12450H) system has been uploaded:Download link
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

That was quick. Thank you barry. 👍
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “i5-12450H & i7 11800H(AD15)”