Using the lighting control software on a clean install of Windows

Intel® Core™ i9-11900H Processor 24M Cache, up to 4.80 GHz
hsehestedt

Using the lighting control software on a clean install of Windows

Post by hsehestedt »

On the AD08 (11900H) Acemagic uses a registry entry to automatically load the lighting control software each time you logon to the PC. I'm not a fan of this because it causes the lighting control software to be displayed every time you logon. There is no need for this. When you change the setting in the lighting control software, the change is persistent. In other words, there is no need whatsoever to have the lighting control software run unless you want to make a change to the current settings.

However, to run the software manually, it should be run as "Administrator". With that in mind, here is how I would suggest setting up the lighting control software if you ever reinstall Windows on this machine:

1) Download the lighting control software that Barry has supplied here.

2) Extract the files to the location of your choice. I create a folder within my documents folder and call it "Lighting control software" but use whatever location you like.

3) Right-click on the executable in that location and select Properties.

4) Go to the Compatibility tab, check the box for "Run this program as an administrator", click on OK.

5) OPTIONAL: To create a shortcut somewhere, such as your desktop, right-click on the executable, select the Copy icon, in the location where you want to create the shortcut, right-click, select Paste shortcut. NOTE: Depending upon where you are creating the shortcut, you may need to select "Show more options" after the right-click before you see the option to Paste shortcut. The shortcut will have the name of the executable, but you can rename it without affecting the functionality.

6) ALSO OPTIONAL: To create an entry in Start you can right-click the executable and select Pin to start. However, note that by doing this the icon in Start will have the name of the executable. Yuck. I would suggest first creating a shortcut, rename it to something like "Lighting Control", then right-click the shortcut and select Pin to start. Now the item in Start will have a better name. Note that if you don't want a shortcut anywhere else, you can simply create a shortcut right in the same folder where the executable is located.

Hope this helps!

Return to “Intel® Core™ i9-11900H(AD08)”