Supplied SSD in base version

mini PC with display!
jimazores

Supplied SSD in base version

Post by jimazores »

If I purchase an S1 with the 512gb SSD will it be Sata or NVME? I think it is in the M2 socket that supports both but the Ace Magic site is not very clear on this point and they have not responded to my email enquiry.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Supplied SSD in base version

Post by Gabe »

As far as I know, all versions of the S1, including the one with the N97 CPU, ship with NVMe drives. Though the ACE MAGIC site itself is a little lacking in its specifics about exactly what type of drive it is, Amazon has a better description, and of people that have described theirs it's been NVMe.

With cost differences between full sized (2280) SATA and NVMe drives being nearly negligible these days, they tend to ship units that support NVMe drives with them rather than the SATA drives they sometimes used to ship them with.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
jimazores

Post by jimazores »

I am buying one. When I get it I will post what is in it. Thanks for your response Gabe, Jim
barry777

Post by barry777 »

Mini PC S1 has a built-in NVME protocol SSD. You can refer to the following documents:

ral66

Post by ral66 »

I purchased the S1 from Firebat from AliExpress and it definitely has a SATA *not* NVME drive. The drive says SATA on it and its in the top slot which in the image above says is the SATA only slot...

Andrew
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

ral66 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:27 am I purchased the S1 from Firebat from AliExpress and it definitely has a SATA *not* NVME drive. The drive says SATA on it and its in the top slot which in the image above says is the SATA only slot...

Andrew
That's a Firebat. It may be a further discounted brand that doesn't adhere to the same specs as the AceMagic models.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Post by barry777 »

ral66 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:27 am I purchased the S1 from Firebat from AliExpress and it definitely has a SATA *not* NVME drive. The drive says SATA on it and its in the top slot which in the image above says is the SATA only slot...

Andrew
It is recommended to consult the supplier you purchased from
jimazores

Post by jimazores »

This is a reply to Andrew: The Ali Express listing for a Firebat S1 also states that it has an N100 processor. I was not aware that this model was delivered with that processor. The site also sells clothes etc so you should be a bit more circumspect, jim
jimazores

Post by jimazores »

I also think it a shame that Ace Magic sells to others in this manner, as they are destroying their reputation as it is. I need to edit this thought. It is not Ace Magic who is selling to these other parties, it is the actual manufacturer of all these brands. By doing this the manufacturer is harming all these brand names they are trying to develop.
Last edited by jimazores on Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

To go back to my original question. After a months delay I got delivery of an S1. Because of the lack of 512gb versions they finally sent me a 1tb version. The SSD installed is a Rayson brand model RS1DOTSSD710. Pcie gen 4x4. I cannot find this brand but that is normal.

The chat function on Ace Magic is almost worthless as it operates on Chinese time and there is no active response on their websites in the US or Germany during our business hours. They also do not answer phone calls but ask you to leave a number for a callback which never happens.

Return to “New Model S1”