AM02 Replaced main drive having issues

AMD Athlon 300U/Ryzen™ 3300U/3500U/3700U/3750H/5700U
Bartonon

AM02 Replaced main drive having issues

Post by Bartonon »

My GF got an AMO2 for her daughter for a little gaming machine. I contributed by upgrading the hard drive to 2 TB. After upgrading the drive however, I'm having issues because I can't get the drivers for the WIFI card to associate at all.

I've gone so far as to get the drivers from the parent drive and download them to the computer, but I'm having a bear of a time getting Windows 11 to recognize them. Any assistance will be appreciated.

From the old drive, the drivers as listed are

rtldata601.txt
rtwland601.sys
vwifibus.sys

If at a bare minimum, someone could point me to the Realtek website where I can find the installer for the software that would be great.

Hardware id in Device manager is

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B852&SUBSYS_B85210EC&REV_00

Thanks in advance.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AM02 Replaced main drive having issues

Post by Gabe »

How did you save the drivers from the original install? If you saved them directly, meaning you copied the driver folder to a USB flash drive or something like that, are you sure it was the right folder?

Also, how are you trying to install the needed drivers on new drive? Via the Device Manager?
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Post by barry777 »

You can go to the link for the AM02 system and driver:

https://www.minipcunion.com/viewtopic.php?t=4261

Reference: How to Fix Yellow Exclamation Mark in Device Manager

Youtube
barry777

Post by barry777 »

Bartonon

Post by Bartonon »

I found the driver within the drivers directory as per the instructions on the other parts of the forum. Once i discovered that I wouldn't be able to simply switch the drive and then have Windows automatically find the drivers, I put the other drive back in. Then used the device manager in Windows on the parent drive and found the three drivers or files that windows was using for drivers (i.e. the three files I listed specifically).

I do have them all on a flash drive now, but when I put the child drive back in the machine and try and point windows at all three of them it won't associate. I've tried the slew of files that you all have posted and windows won't associate with those either.

thanks.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Bartonon,

What I would try is first putting the original drive back in and start Windows. Then go to C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore. Then save the 'FileRepository' folder within that DriverStore folder to a USB flash drive. The 'FileRepository' folder will be anywhere from 3GB to 5GB or more in size. Just save the folder rather than going into it and saving all of the individual files within it. This way you'll have very driver installed and not installed on the machine.

Then put your new drive back in. Then either copy the FileRepository folder from the USB flash drive to the Desktop, or just keep the USB flash drive connected so it can be accessed. I normally copy the folder to the Desktop, as the drivers install more quickly from the desktop than from the USB drive itself, though with you only needing a few it likely won't matter.

Then go to the Device Manager. Here you have two options. You can either install each needed driver individually, or install all needed drivers in one shot, which might also update some of the other drivers are that are already installed if those from the FileRepository folder are newer.

Though you likely already know this, I'll go through it anyway...

For the individual option, right click the device that needs the driver, click "Browse my computer for drivers", then 'Browse', and either click Desktop and select the saved folder on the desktop, or click to select the folder on the USB flash drive. Then click OK, then Next. It will scan that folder and should find the correct driver and install it.

For the "all in one shot" option, click the following icon...

Device Manager.png
Device Manager.png (13.27 KiB) Viewed 4941 times

Then, again, select the FileRepository folder, whether on the Desktop or the USB flash drive itself, click OK, then click Next. It will take a while to run. Maybe upwards of ten to fifteen minutes. But it should install all needed drivers, and again, possibly update others to the versions that were installed on the original drive.

If this doesn't help, that's odd, as though I don't personally this version of the AM02 (mine is the older, original one), I haven't seen any indication from others who do have the same unit that any drivers have a special way of needing to be installed. If it doesn't work, a couple of options you have are downloading and using Driver Booster (the free version is fine) to see if that finds them. It's a program that's often recommended by barry777, who's a tech for the company, so it's safe to use. Another option is using the system files available in this section to install the system on the new drive. It includes the drivers. If this is what you used, ignore this suggestion. A last option would be to clone the original drive to the new one using free, 3rd party cloning sotfware, like Macrium Reflect or Ease US, or whatever you like. Being that the new drive is larger, this shouldn't be a problem.

Other than that, you could try contacting barry directly at barry@minipcunion.com to see if he has any other suggestions. Again, he's a tech for the company.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “AMD Ryzen™ 7 3750H(AM02/PRO)”