MiniPC AMR5 shut off and won't turn back on

AMD Ryzen 5 5600U/5800U
PleaseHelpMeFixMyPc

MiniPC AMR5 shut off and won't turn back on

Post by PleaseHelpMeFixMyPc »

4 months ago I bought a mini-pc from amazon to which I was pleased with and it ran well but now I'm here where I was just playing a game and it shut off with no warning, I have tried to reset it with the instructions from other topics, I have researched into it a bit and my power brick is blinking green and ticking this apparently indicates a short circuit on ny motherboard.

If anyone can help that would be gratefully appreciated.

Specification:

16GB RAM
Ryzen 7 5800U
512GB SSD
Windows 11 Pro
Model: AMR5

Thank you.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: MiniPC AMR5 shut off and won't turn back on

Post by Gabe »

I would contact the seller or barry, a tech for the company, at barry@minipcunion.com, or both.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Post by barry777 »

Thank you for contacting us, we are happy to provide support. Since we currently have very little information, please provide the fault video and Amazon purchase order number and send it to email: barry@minipcunion.com; after we verify it, we will further assist you in solving the problem.
game2play

Post by game2play »

I also have a AMR5 mini pc that won't turn on after about 1 week of use (a Christmas gift for my son). Sad because it seems to be a nice case and setup for a mini pc. When I plug the power cord in the green light on the brick lights up. Then when I plug the power into the computer, no response from the computer and eventually the green light on the power brick fades away. I had nothing else plugged into it. I don't know if it's a faulty switch on the MB or something else. I looked at other posts on this forum and it seems to happen a lot more than it should for this model.

I have tried resetting with a paperclip but the computer still would not turn on.
barry777

Post by barry777 »

game2play wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:11 pm I also have a AMR5 mini pc that won't turn on after about 1 week of use (a Christmas gift for my son). Sad because it seems to be a nice case and setup for a mini pc. When I plug the power cord in the green light on the brick lights up. Then when I plug the power into the computer, no response from the computer and eventually the green light on the power brick fades away. I had nothing else plugged into it. I don't know if it's a faulty switch on the MB or something else. I looked at other posts on this forum and it seems to happen a lot more than it should for this model.

I have tried resetting with a paperclip but the computer still would not turn on.
Thank you for contacting us, we'd be happy to provide support. Since we currently have very little information, please provide the fault video and Amazon purchase order number and send it to email: barry@minipcunion.com; after we verify it, we will further assist you in solving the problem.
game2play

Post by game2play »

In my case, the computer would no longer start because the power cord that plugs into the power brick was faulty. I had another cord like it at home, plugged it into the brick and the green light on the brick came on. I plugged in the computer and it booted fine once I replaced the faulty power cord.
Danebramage

Post by Danebramage »

This issue was the same for me. Thank you for posting the solution here. I'm back up and running!
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

game2play and Danebramage,

I was just curious if your power supplies had the cord with three prongs or two. My AMR5 has the three pronged cord, but my AM02, which has a very similar power supply, has the two pronged cord. The cord for my AM02 ended up going bad, with one of the wires breaking inside the insulation right next to the plug that goes into the power brick. I could tell the wire itself had broken by the way the cord would bend to one side, but not the other. Luckily, I had another device that uses the same cord, but which I no longer use, so I was able to use it as a replacement.

For reference, the two and three pronged plugs I'm referring to are the end that goes into the power brick, not the power outlet.

Plugs.png
Plugs.png (659.89 KiB) Viewed 74007 times
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
game2play

Post by game2play »

My AMR5 has a 3 prong cord. In my pic, both the good cord and the faulty cord are shown. The power brick it plugs into is in the background.
amr5-computer-cord.jpg
amr5-computer-cord.jpg (60.04 KiB) Viewed 70271 times
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Interesting. I'll have to keep a close eye on it for both my AMR5 and AM06 Pro, as they both use that three prong cord, though different power bricks.

Return to “AMD Ryzen™5 5600U(AMR5) 5800U”