HDMI spec for NiPoGi AK1 Plus

Intel® Processor N95 6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz
jimazores

HDMI spec for NiPoGi AK1 Plus

Post by jimazores »

The spec sheet for the Intel N95 states that the HDMI output of the chip is HDMI2.1
Does that mean that the HDMI ports on the computer are the same, ie. HDMI 2.1?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: HDMI spec for NiPoGi AK1 Plus

Post by Gabe »

Though I can't say this with 100% certainty, I think they're HDMI 2.0, not 2.1.

Hopefully the admin or barry777 can clarify.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
jimazores

Post by jimazores »

Why would the manufacturer of the computer, who has paid for a processor chip with HDMI 2.1 capability downgrade the capability on the motherboard to HDMI 2.0. ? Using a cheaper component?
jimazores

Post by jimazores »

I just saw the Kamrui version of the AK1 Plus specs and they say the HDMI ports are 2.0 which should be the same for the NiPoGi model.
I also checked my new TV and it has three HDMI ports that are 2.0. So I guess I need not worry about 2.1.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

You have to remember, these mini PCs aren't made to be the latest and greatest. They're made to be capable, while also being affordable.

Take the RAM for instance. The N95 supports DDR5, yet only a couple of the models actually have that, while the majority have DDR4.

Don't get me wrong, using HDMI 2.1 or DDR5, or even both, wouldn't increase individual unit cost drastically, but many of the designs are built on the backs of designs used for prior models in order to make it faster, easier and less costly overall to create and offer, while still providing progressively better units that are affordable and capable.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
jimazores

Post by jimazores »

Understand your comments, thanks.
jimazores

Post by jimazores »

To Gabe: Are all these different names manufactured by the same company?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

jimazores wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:20 pm To Gabe: Are all these different names manufactured by the same company?
Yes. They sell them under a number of different brands. I think in some regions they sell only a single brand, while in others they sell multiple brands, so there can be a specific model that's sold under two or more brand names in a given region.
jimazores

Post by jimazores »

Then if I understand, information about the Kamrui model AK1 Plus is applicable to NiPoGi AK1 Plus? AND THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE RE THE MANUFACTURER. Sorry about the caps lock error.
jimazores

Post by jimazores »

I should state that having had the computer just a couple of weeks I am very pleased. There are some oddities that may be me but I will post a review of what I have learned.

Return to “Intel® Processor N95(AD03/AK1PLUS/GK3PLUS/T8PLUS)”