Fingerprint reader issue

m2k0

Fingerprint reader issue

Post by m2k0 »

Hi, I bought a TK11 a couple of days ago. During the first boot, I configured Windows Hello with the fingerprint, and it worked. Then, I let Windows complete all its updates and driver updates, and I started using the mini PC. Later, I realized that the fingerprint sensor didn't work anymore—or more precisely, it doesn't work from a cold start. If I reboot Windows, it works, but not every time.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the fingerprint driver from the Device Manager, as well as the Intel Serial IO SPI Host Controller - A0AB driver to which the device is attached. However, I experienced the same behavior: it doesn't work from a cold start, and while it works after a reboot, it stops working after about an hour.

I thought it might be a power management issue causing the device to turn off in some way. Therefore, I set the power mode to high performance and disabled every sleep and suspension option, including those in the Device Management tab of the Serial IO SPI Host Controller.

However, I haven't resolved anything. The fingerprint sensor recognizes my finger for a while, and then it stops working. I checked every Windows event log to see if there is an error, but found nothing. At this point, I don't know if it's a hardware-related problem or a driver/Windows issue. Any suggestions?
m2k0

Re: Fingerprint reader issue

Post by m2k0 »

Now I can reactivate manually the reader every time, by uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.
After that the fingerprint reader works for a while, let's say an hour, then it stops and I have to repeat the procedure for reanimate.
So apparently it seems there is something that turn off the reader. I paid attention to uncheck every “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” option in the driver Power Management tab for every device, but I still can't find a solution.
m2k0

Post by m2k0 »

I've further refined the issue. It happens on the lock screen when the monitor goes into sleep mode or I power off it.
When I turn the monitor back on, the fingerprint reader doesn't work anymore. Since I can get it working again by reinstalling the driver each time,
it's not a hardware problem but something related either to the drivers or Windows Hello and some kind of power saving feature that happens when the monitor is turned off.
I haven't been able to eliminate yet,
despite I carefully disabled all power saving options.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

m2k0,

I was hoping either the admin or barry would have replied by now to help, but since they haven't I would contact barry directly at barry@minipcunion.com. He's a tech for the company.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
m2k0

Post by m2k0 »

Hi,
I found these informations on internet about fingerprint driver versions:
MicroarrayFingerprintSPIDevice

Version: 18.53.16.862
Date: 16 February 2023

Version: 15.36.47.47
Date: 17 August 2021

Version: 10.20.18.745
Date: 1 March 2021

On this forum I found the 2021 drivers,
any chance to have the 2023 newer driver?
Thanks
barry777

Post by barry777 »

In this case, we recommend you try the following:
1. Uninstall the latest Windows updates, the failure may be caused by the updates.
2. Reinstall the TK11 system and try not to upgrade to the latest system version (the latest version may have conflicts);
If the original system works fine, problems caused after the update may be caused by an incompatibility.
3. Currently, there is no updated version of the fingerprint driver. Download address:

m2k0

Post by m2k0 »

Hi,
I did nothing but run the tool in the zip above and now it works. No need to reinstall the driver or uninstall windows updates.
I don't know exactly what the tool does, because it's in chinese, but it seems that there is a recalibrate button, after pressed it the fingerprint started working, and now it always works.
barry777

Post by barry777 »

I'm glad you solved the problem. It may have been an exception caused by Windows updates. After re-running, it works normally.

Return to “i5-1135G7/ i5-11320H/i7-11390H (TK11 series)”