OS Google Drive link download repeated fail

Intel® Processor N95 6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz
silver-man

OS Google Drive link download repeated fail

Post by silver-man »

I've seen this OS download here indicated via an image at the start. Unfortunately whenever I try the download via the OS link I've been provided by the MiniPC seller it repeatedly fails, usually at a point below 5 gigabytes. I get the impression this is a quirk with Google Drive since I've tried on a few different systems though via the same ISP.

Is there a way I can get this to work?

Thanks for any help and sorry if this has been covered,

silver-man
barry777

Re: OS Google Drive link download repeated fail

Post by barry777 »

Reference video:

silver-man

Post by silver-man »

I'm not familiar with IDM downloader. Does it allow restart?

Just watched the latest download and caught the fail as it happened. Message was it was cancelled. Not by me.

I don't see a way to upload a saved image to show to fail point.

The repeat fail just before 5 gig (of 11!) suggested some size restriction. Saving to NTFS. Not sure about the tablets I tried on (ExFat) but the restriction was based on forced root drive with limited space.

Will have to see if I can enlarge the videos the check details.
silver-man

Post by silver-man »

Wanted to wait to see what would happen as the download approached 5gigs and that was the right approach. It fails. All the segments seem to lose the ability to connect and just repeat without any further download. Thought it might work since the segments are beyond the file 5 gig from start point but that doesn't seem to be the determining factor. I'll try a pause, in case some other factor has the 5 gig limit on an external site download without a pause.

--------
Cannot resume downloading the file:

T8_Plus_GK3_Plus_AD03_N95_Win11_Pro_21H2_8Guo_20221229.rar
It's possible that the address of the file is not valid anymore or your session has expired.

IDM will open a web page in your browser where it captured this download. Please start the download of the same file from your browser again, and IDM will try to capture a new address or new session data to resume this download.
--------

Got a message that IDM would open a page where it would try to resume the segmented save portion. Couldn't find any such opened page and a restart of the download, though intercepted by IDM began at the start of the file.

Though this represents a difficult aspect of a download manager to handle, the UI of this program leaves something to desire.

At this point with a session time-out, it would appear that my problem is a slow ISP level account. Annoying since it offers much higher speed with new accounts at the same price I'm paying.

Thanks anyway.
silver-man

Post by silver-man »

I've tried to get this download for a while now. Thanks for getting me closer to it and a more definitive indication of the problem. I thought it might be possible to do the download via my Google Drive account on my tablet (15 gigs of free space) but the tablet is forced to use root drive space only and with the installed apps there isn't enough room. Thought maybe the Windows Google Drive ("for Desktop") app might help but it turned out to be more like a trojan malware app with its immediate uploading of everything on my setup with no ability to stop the "backup/sync." Web help bluntly suggested uninstalling. Even that was a problem since background apps were running preventing an uninstall. Did a cold boot and almost wasn't fast enough to kill those tasks with task manager. Seems a simple matter of the two Google Drives involved doing a web direct copy transfer and the user downloading to a large drive at leisure. Apparently a dream.

And that's just a few of the problems I've had while trying to do this.

But the new computer itself is working fine. Did an early image backup if things go really bad.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

silver-man,

Are you signed into your Google account while trying to download the file from Google Drive? If not, I suggest doing so, as it may be the fix.

Though I'm not familiar with failures mid download, I do know that sometimes when people try to download files from Google Drive without being signed into their Google accounts it doesn't work, giving a message about exceeding bandwidth or the number of downloads allowed, or something like that.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
silver-man

Post by silver-man »

I think I was. I think that was part of the instructions in the video that barry777 posted.

Was there ever before some indication of a 1 to 2 hour or so connection limit?

Thanks for the concern.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

silver-man wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:20 pm I think I was. I think that was part of the instructions in the video that barry777 posted.

Was there ever before some indication of a 1 to 2 hour or so connection limit?

Thanks for the concern.
Ah. I missed barry's video. I'm not sure about a time limit. I've never heard of one, but that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't. Good question.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
silver-man

Post by silver-man »

Thought I'd give the download a try after a long break. First try looked like past attempts and I stopped it to see if it could restart. Nope. Opened Google Drive page (old Win7 computer) and tried download again. Started and indicated that "resume capability" was enabled. I had logged into Google before the failed download but I think I was required to log in again (I remember having to verify login twice via my tablet). ??

Anyway, download went to completion. Had to clear out some space when concatenating parts seemed slow with drive close to full.

So I've got an OS if I need it to rebuild. Hopefully not, at least for a long while.

Before any of this I had checked what the OS key code was via the available methods. Got two different codes though the downloaded OS probably bypasses code entry with match fit for the hardware.

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.
silver-man

Post by silver-man »

Lol.

Just tried another download to make sure the file was consistent. Blocked as it had been in the past.

Return to “Intel® Processor N95(AD03/AK1PLUS/GK3PLUS/T8PLUS)”