Backup AD15 i7-11800H driver with DoubleDriver...

Intel® Core™ i5-12450H Processor 12M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz
undertherain

Backup AD15 i7-11800H driver with DoubleDriver...

Post by undertherain »

Hi everyone.
I've had an AD15 with i7-11800H for a couple of days.
Windows 11 PRO that was installed had some parts in English (I am Italian) and even when changing the language they remained in English.
I then tried to install Windows 11 PRO with the latest ISO image with a USB stick and the language problem was solved but I had Windows activation problems which were resolved however with Ace Magic's WhatsApp assistance.
However, the problem remains that there are 5 "PCI Device" devices for which I just can't find the drivers.
I tried with everything I found online and with the AD15 Drivers.rar archive which gave me WhatsApp assistance from Ace Magic and which is also here but nothing.
Does anyone happen to have AD15 with i7-11800H with original installation and could make a backup of the drivers with DoubleDriver?
I really hope someone can help me!!!
Thank you... ;)
It's raining... ///
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Backup AD15 i7-11800H driver with DoubleDriver...

Post by Gabe »

undertherain,

If the second set of drivers listed here didn't help, I'd try using the free version of Driver Booster, which is often recommended by barry, a tech for the company.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
undertherain

Post by undertherain »

Gabe wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:27 pm undertherain,

If the second set of drivers listed here didn't help, I'd try using the free version of Driver Booster, which is often recommended by barry, a tech for the company.
I really, really have to thank you!
I had read about Driver Booster but I never liked these software which seem to be full of invasive advertisements and nothing else... and instead I had to change my mind...
I explain in detail why it might be useful to others.
After installing the latest version of Windows 11 PRO via USB stick (it-it_windows_11_consumer_editions_version_23h2_x64_dvd_129624bb.iso) I was left with these peripherals at startup:

- System management bus controller
- Network Controller
- PCI Controller Sample Communications
- PCI device
- PCI device
- PCI device
- PCI device
- PCI device
- PCI device

So... Network Controller and PCI Sample Communications Controller I found them with Drivers[11800H] provided in this forum, while System Management Bus Controller and 6 and I mean 6 PCI Device I found them all with Driver Booster!
System management bus controller from previous tests it was possible to fix it with some Intel drivers that I downloaded... to be precise.
Anyway, I did this but I wonder... and this is really important... how the hell does Driver Booster find drivers if the devices are generic and unknown?
Is this a phenomenal piece of software or does it simply install random drivers to make them disappear from the tree list?
I hope the first answer is the right one... ;)
In any case, tomorrow I will install all my software and use the mini PC to work while waiting for the new 4K monitor I bought to arrive on Friday... ;)
Thanks again friend!!! ;) ;) ;)
It's raining... ///
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

undertherain,

You're quite welcome. I'm glad it helped.

I think that Driver Booster and programs like it can see aspects of the devices that we can't, or at least that we can't see via the Device Manager and even some programs meant to show all of the components, like Speccy. Sort a deep dive, if you will, so it's able to find the right driver for them.

I'm with you on using programs like that though, as in I prefer not to. I've never personally used Driver Booster, though with as often as it's mentioned in this forum I probably would if I needed a driver I couldn't find.

Going forward, I'd recommend saving the drivers from the unit. This way if anything ever happens where you need to do a clean install of Windows, you'll have all of the drivers available to install. With each new unit I get (I collect mini PCs), I save the driver folder for safe keeping.

There are two ways to do so. I normally just save the folder itself, which is in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore. The folder to save is "FileRepository", and it tends to be anywhere from 2GB to 6GB in size, depending on the unit. I save it on a USB flash drive. Then, if I ever need them after performing a clean install, I copy that saved folder to the Windows desktop after the new install, then use that folder for the search area when installing the drivers. Thankfully, Windows 11 allows you to install all needed drivers from a saved folder in one shot with the Device Manager rather than doing them one by one.

Driver Install Icon.png
Driver Install Icon.png (12.64 KiB) Viewed 2507 times

The other way to save the system's drivers is explained here.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “i5-12450H & i7 11800H(AD15)”