Incorrect Bios Flash - Request for Bios file for restore

AM06 PRO AMD Ryzen 4800U 5600U 5500U 5625U 5560U
Mansana

Incorrect Bios Flash - Request for Bios file for restore

Post by Mansana »

Hello everyone, I tell you my situation: I am the owner of an Acemagician Am06Pro minipc. By mistake, I ran a file that had a bios update process from another brand. Although the process finished, and the mini PC turns on (miracle), the computer is unusable (I can access the bios, boot from USB, but it does not recognize the SSD). Could someone from the staff, if possible, send the file with the correct bios to reflash? I already sent email to service@acemagicians.com but any help is welcome.

PS: Sorry for the English, google translator
Mansana

Re: Incorrect Bios Flash - Request for Bios file for restore

Post by Mansana »

Nobody? I just need the correct bios to update and not have an expensive paperweight.
Motherboard manufacturer, vga, they have it available for download. I understand that it is not the same policy, but I am not asking for any modification or update on a whim.

PS: The computer boots, I can boot from a USB. With the correct bios I solve the problem.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

I'd contact barry, a tech for the company, at barry@minipcunion.com to see if he can help.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Mansana

Post by Mansana »

I did it 5 days ago, but he still hasn't responded to my email with the information he asked for. I hope he can help me, fingers crossed
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Mansana wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:08 pm I did it 5 days ago, but he still hasn't responded to my email with the information he asked for. I hope he can help me, fingers crossed
You could contact the admin as well. Click on his name (admin) in one of his posts, then click to send him a private message. Give it a title (Subject), then compose your message and click Submit to send it. It will sit in the Outbox until he reads it.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
dragonpoo

Post by dragonpoo »

Mansana wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:07 pm...By mistake, I ran a file that had a bios update process from another brand...
Mansana, I'm curious. How did you accidentally run an incorrect BIOS update on the system?
GK3V (J4125/8GB/128GB) | AMR5 (R5 5600U/16GB/512GB NVMe) | JK06 (N5100/8GB/256GB) | AK1Pro (N5105/8GB/256GB) | T8Pro (N5095/8GB/256GB) | AD03 (N95/8GB/256GB) | CK10 (i7-10810U/16GB/512GB) | S1 (N95/16GB/512GB)
Mansana

Post by Mansana »

Gabe wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:58 pm
Mansana wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:08 pm I did it 5 days ago, but he still hasn't responded to my email with the information he asked for. I hope he can help me, fingers crossed
You could contact the admin as well. Click on his name (admin) in one of his posts, then click to send him a private message. Give it a title (Subject), then compose your message and click Submit to send it. It will sit in the Outbox until he reads it.
I`ll try that too. Thx.
dragonpoo wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:45 pm
Mansana wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:07 pm...By mistake, I ran a file that had a bios update process from another brand...
Mansana, I'm curious. How did you accidentally run an incorrect BIOS update on the system?
More than a mistake, it was an oversight. Minisforum has the bios for its UM580 model available for download. I downloaded the executable and thought it was going to decompress the files. On the contrary, it started the update process, and passed all the checksums. I let the process finish, because interrupting it was going to be worse. At the end, the PC starts, I can enter the bios, but it identifies as minisforum um580 (the USB works, HDMI, but not the SSD)
That's why I think that with the correct bios, updating via pendrive the device can work again. Or, in the worst case, through the ch341a programmer.
barry777

Post by barry777 »

Terribly sorry.
After consulting the R&D personnel, the BIOS cannot be repaired; this behavior violates the warranty; you can contact the dealer to handle after-sales issues.
Mansana

Post by Mansana »

barry777 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:40 am Terribly sorry.
After consulting the R&D personnel, the BIOS cannot be repaired; this behavior violates the warranty; you can contact the dealer to handle after-sales issues.
I cannot contact Amazon, I am from Argentina, any shipment from my country of origin to the USA or China costs the same or more than the value of the PC. I know that the PC is already out of warranty coverage and I honestly didn't think it would be that problematic to request the bios. It can be repaired, in the same way that motherboards whose bios update process is interrupted are repaired, which is why I resorted to the good predisposition of the brand to send something that the big brands publish on their website.
I beg you, I sign any disclaimer where I assume that I will not initiate a return or claim process, but please, I need the correct file to repair the equipment.

Return to “AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600U(AM06 AM07 &PRO Series)”