hdmi-vga adapter issue

AMD Ryzen 5 5600U/5800U
massi666

hdmi-vga adapter issue

Post by massi666 »

Hi,

my asus monitor's hdmi input doesn't work. So I bought a hdmi-vga adapter. Everything is ok inside both win and ubuntu but before entering the os my monitor just activates itself (it becomes enlightened) but with "nothing on it" so that I can't see the boot page with the choice between ubu and win.....
So it seems that the problem is the adapter itself....is there something I can do via software or what technical specs this adapter should have if I buy another one??
This AMR 5 machine is great! thanx for your suggestions.

all the best,
massimiliano
barry777

Re: hdmi-vga adapter issue

Post by barry777 »

Thank you for contacting us, we will be happy to assist you. In this case, we recommend you try the following:
1. Use HDMI-HDMI connection cable. (Currently, we have tested that HDMI-VGA will have a blurry/black screen)
2. Change the startup sequence, refer to the video:

massi666

Re: hdmi-vga adapter issue

Post by massi666 »

hi barry!

thanx for answering me. due to the fact that my asus hdmi entrance monitor is not working I can't use hmdi connection. anyway monitor is great for sharpness so I will use it by blind choosing the os by keyboard arrows :)) i just was wondering about better than mine hdmi-vga adapters....mine got 8 years more or less.....thanx anyway

all the best to you,
massimiliano

Return to “AMD Ryzen™5 5600U(AMR5) 5800U”