T8 Plus SSD upgrade

Intel® Processor N95 6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz
mike156

T8 Plus SSD upgrade

Post by mike156 »

What do I need to do to upgrade the SSD for more storage and do a clean windows install?

I have a SATA SSD and an NVME SSD. The T8 will not see either one in the bios under boot->boot options.

I have tried using the factory SSD and disabling Secure Boot and then installing the new SSD but it still does not see the SSD.

I also tried to install Windows on the original SSD, using F7 to access the boot manager. It sees the install source but selecting it just puts me in an endless loop on the boot manager.

Edit: Seems I had an issue in my installation media. I need to install from a DVD but the PC doesn't seem to see my install image. From a USB drive though, it works fine. Guess I need to try and get the DVD installer into a USB drive.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: T8 Plus SSD upgrade

Post by Gabe »

Glad you were able to figure out the issue.

To be honest, I'd just stick with the USB installation media. Optical disks for computers seem to be rapidly losing popularity. And the USB installation media is easy to make, either from the installation files available here for the T8 Plus or using Microsoft's Media Creation Tool.

But that seems to be the way of things. I have scads of floppy disks and even a few zip drive disks that I can no longer use. As for CDs, DVDs and BRDs, only my home build desktop can use them anymore, and I don't really use that PC these days. I used to have an external USB DVD writer, but it ended up dying from lack of use. I plugged it in one day after not having used it for a couple of years, and click, click, click.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Re: T8 Plus SSD upgrade

Post by barry777 »

Regarding the newly installed SSD that cannot be recognized by the BIOS, it is because the new SSD does not contain the system boot file, so it cannot be recognized; the SSD needs to be formatted before installing the system.
1. If you have another computer, you can download [DiskGenius] to format the SSD.
2. If there is no other computer, you can create a PE system and enter the PE system to format the SSD.

It is recommended to refer to the following video for formatting operations:

PE file:

https://mega.nz/file/gn0mkSTT#FXZUx9m6c ... PQS1S9q5Yk
Tutorial on installing PE system:

T8 Puls system download link:

Tutorial for reinstalling the system [It is recommended not to connect to the Internet after the system installation is completed, use a local account to enter the desktop, and then connect to the Internet (this can speed up access to the system desktop)]:

Return to “Intel® Processor N95(AD03/AK1PLUS/GK3PLUS/T8PLUS)”