AM07 wireless connection range

AM06 PRO AMD Ryzen 4800U 5600U 5500U 5625U 5560U
metel

AM07 wireless connection range

Post by metel »

Hello,
I've purchased a mini pc model AM07 AMD Ryzen 5 5500U on Amazon.com on August 15th and so far I haven't gotten major problems, except minor issues: I've noticed that sometimes my wireless signal drops significantly making internet slow down to a point it cannot load an entire webpage on any browser. It is not my router or where the pc is situated, because my other laptops do not suffer from it. Also, I am not sure if in the latest firmware update, posted in August, the optimizing fan speed fix was already included, and I haven't installed it yet. Should I do it anyway? Temperatures seem fine, the pc is a little noisy but probably I expected it to be that way and maybe it shouldn't! :lol: Anyway, I am rather satisfied with this pc for the price/quality value, I just prefer these issues to be solved and I will consider updating components in the future. Thanks in advance for answering! :)
metel

Re: AM07 wireless connection range

Post by metel »

Just wanted to update the situation: the noise problem indeed was the fan always spinning although temperatures were normal at idle. So, I have installed the optimization fan fix and yes, now the fan finally stopped being active all the time, but the GPU temperature went from 30 to 50 degrees at idle! What am I supposed to do? Waiting for responses.
barry777

Re: AM07 wireless connection range

Post by barry777 »

1.Upgrade WiFi driver,
Realtek 8821CE download link:

How to update or repair drivers via third-party software [Driver Booster]

2. Reference video:
How to let WiFi prioritize the 5 GHz network band (applicable to Realtek 8821CE WiFi5)
Optimize network speed

3. According to the known situation, the integrated graphics card is within the normal range at this temperature.

Return to “AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600U(AM06 AM07 &PRO Series)”