ACEPC T11 with CPU 30% in IDLE

Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: ACEPC T11 with CPU 30% in IDLE

Post by Gabe »

iancilos,

Only barry or the admin can help with anything with a BIOS.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

Hi, as the other members said before, it is not anything related to the BIOS, because in Linux didn't affect. It is a thing related to the kernel and the integration of the driver with your CPU/motherboard. Please, check these things:

1- Enter in windows security mode (clean install without any custom drivers or update) to see if the CPU consumption is the same. If not, the problem is a driver or a windows update.

2- Initialize windows with the generic drivers that it install by default to see if the problem continues.

3- Install one by one all the drivers to see if anyone trigger the CPU consumption.

4- Use the integrated windows tools like event visor or windows performance analyzer to try to find the key.
iancilos

Post by iancilos »

Mordred wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:48 pm Hi, as the other members said before, it is not anything related to the BIOS, because in Linux didn't affect. It is a thing related to the kernel and the integration of the driver with your CPU/motherboard. Please, check these things:

1- Enter in windows security mode (clean install without any custom drivers or update) to see if the CPU consumption is the same. If not, the problem is a driver or a windows update.
2- Initialize windows with the generic drivers that it install by default to see if the problem continues.
3- Install one by one all the drivers to see if anyone trigger the CPU consumption.
4- Use the integrated windows tools like event visor or windows performance analyzer to try to find the key.
Hi Mordred,
did you really read my previous messages? Especially the one from "Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:26 pm"
I did all the possible tests on old and new drivers, any version of Windows 10, old and new, even 11 just to be careful. I tried the drivers one by one and just install 2 in particular and the overload occurs, as if something went in Loop.
If you missed it, I also put some examples of other people with the same problem, especially the first one who is identical to me, in every way.
Linux handles system issues differently, more intelligently and corrects problems with poorly created ACPI tables at design time and mythologizes problems of this type.
Windows needs bios updates from the manufacturer.

...and above all, if I install the official version provided by ACEPC with the official drivers inside it must work perfectly as soon as it is installed, obviously with the PC not connected to the internet so as not to make the window update work. It has nothing to do with the old or new version of an operating system or drivers...

The problem has already been isolated.
dragonpoo

Post by dragonpoo »

Iancilos,

You have probably noticed that most of the people who participate on these forums are users, such as yourself. There are only a few employees of the company, like Barry and Admin, who may be able to access Engineering and possibly get a BIOS file for you. However, they would need proof that this issue is a BIOS one, instead of an OS/driver compatibility issue.

I don't know where you live, but on the home page of these forums, you'll find contact information for the different brands sold around the world. I would suggest calling one of those numbers to see about getting tech support help.

Also, were you able to run the tests Mordred suggested? Boot into Safe Mode, see if the problem still happens, then install one driver at a time and test it again? This will take some time, but as you said you're a computer technician, you should be familiar with that process.
GK3V (J4125/8GB/128GB) | AMR5 (R5 5600U/16GB/512GB NVMe) | JK06 (N5100/8GB/256GB) | AK1Pro (N5105/8GB/256GB) | T8Pro (N5095/8GB/256GB) | AD03 (N95/8GB/256GB) | CK10 (i7-10810U/16GB/512GB) | S1 (N95/16GB/512GB)
iancilos

Post by iancilos »

Hi dragonpoo, Thanks for the reply.

to start this problem just install "PMIC.inf" and "iaioi2c.inf" (iai2ce.inf in the updated version).
Together they enable the rest of the peripheral tree and they are really important

Even in safe mode you have the CPU at 30%, as mentioned before, these drivers are necessary to activate downstream hardware components.
Example: The mini PC wouldn't even know that it has a video card connected... and I'm not talking about a peripheral connected and drivers not installed, just a non-existent peripheral

To respond to Mordred:

0 - Installed Windows 10 LTSB
1-2 - Safe mode, no drivers = cpu O-1%
3 - Safe Mode, installing only "PMIC.inf" and "iaioi2c.inf" = cpu 28-30%
4 - Integrated Windows tools do not help

My problem is the same as asch75 (viewtopic.php?t=509&hilit=cpu+30)

However, I would like to quote Brandoman's right words

"I know the BIOS on these drives is usually quite "unlocked" Could there be a component that Windows is trying to use (Serial is a big component) that is not "installed" leading to a loop from a kernel perspective?"

Return to “Z8350(T11)”